Roms & Mods HQ (2/8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Updated 2/8:

This is and will forever be your one stop shop to Roms, Mods, Themes, Metamorphs, Kernels, Radios, etc. I will list the name of the Rom or Mod, its creator, and where to download. I will leave it up to you guys to write reviews and stating your opinion. All I ask is that you PLEASE LEAVE SCREENSHOTS. It will help your fellow Android Central forum member.

Now, this is the Rom & Mod thread. Not the How to Root thread. There is a sticky for that HERE. If you would like for me to add a tutorial, just ask nicely =) So without further ado, lets get to it!

ROMS
SkyRaider Sense 3.5 - ihtfp69
Source
[Rosie Mod] All Mappings
[Metamorph] Blue Circle, White Circle, Stock Batteries
[Theme] Splash of Red v1.1*
[Theme] Black Blue Theme 4.3*

Virtuous 3.2 - rmk40
Source
[Theme] INCredble REVOlution
[MOD] Rotary Lock Screen w/ Music Controls for Sense
[MOD] Remove Status Bar Icons (Loc/Battery/Clock/Alarm)
[MOD] Sexy Rosie

Feather v1.7 - NickkxNekro
Source

Redemption Rom v2.3 - HeyItsLou
Source

Nils' Business Sense v3.3 - NilsP
Source

Uncommon Sense v1.1 - deficitism
Source
[Rosie Mod] Stock Browser (Uncommon Sense Default)
[Rosie Mod] MMS
[Rosie Mod] Handcent
[Rosie Mod] GMail

Redemption rEVOlution 2.2 - HeyItsLou
Source
[Theme] Matted Blues
[Theme] REDemptive Theme*

DInc Rom 1.0 - Calkulin
Source

Myn's Warm Two Point Two RLS5.3 - incubus26jc
Source
[Mod] Stock Font
[Mod] Transparent Status Bar
[Mod] Themed Launcher Pro
[Mod] Official EVO HTC_IME
[Metamorph] Swype
[Mod] Dark Star Font*
[Mod] HTC IME Keyboard RLS3
[Mod] Gingerbread Keyboard*
[Theme] Tron Theme RC1*
[Theme] ColorNClear V9
[Theme] Minimalist Theme

CyanogenMod-6.1 RC2 - Koush
Source
[Theme] iNexus Theme*
[Theme] Geo's Theme***
[Theme] Splash of Redv1.1*

The Ultimate Droid 1.0.0 - RafficaX
Source

Ultimate droid eXtreme 8.0 - RafficaX
Source

Desire Z v1.2 - IncredibleDoes
Source

Nil's Business Sense - Desire Z v4.2 - NilsP
Source
[MOD] Round Blue Battery

Senseless rEVOlution 2.0 Inc-EVO Hybrid - HeyItsLou
Source
[Mod] Notification Power Control

MIUI v0.6 (1.1.28.1) - warttack

BareInc - vinylB
Source

Evervolv v1.0.1b2-Gingerbread - preludedrew
Source
GApps

Ruby 1.1.4 - mp3su
Source

IncROM 1.2 - lllboredlll
Source
[Mod] Flashable Fonts
[MOD] Stock Black Taskbar
[MOD] Semi Transparent Taskbar
[MOD] Fully Transparent Taskbar

Lithium NG 0.0.5 - luniz7
Source
[Theme] Red Theme

My Touch 4g Rom v3 - wes342
Source
[MOD] HTC IME Keyboard

PhotonDroid 2.2 - photonmedia
Source

Incredible Gingerbread v6 - r2DoesInc
Source
Disable OTA Download
[MOD] Market Version 2.2.7

Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.3 - chingy51o
Source
[MOD] Stock Font

SkyRaider Athena 1.2 - ihtfp69
Source

Magnolia Final 1.1 - sk806
Source
[MOD] Grid Laumcher Rosie
[MOD] Colored Rosie Icons

Warm Z TwoPointTwo Beta 4 - incubus26j

LiquidMetal Beta 0.2- jermaine151
Source
Phone Fix - MUST DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AFTER FLASHING ROM
[MOD] Gingerbread Keyboard
[MOD] Remove Uncapped Data
[MOD] Alternate Font

CM7 Nightlies Progress - CM Team

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Radios
Listing of MD5s:
1.00.00.02.09: 62C2E284B56A07D67F803097B18D49E2 Pre-release radio
1.00.03.04.06: 44CBBF56CDFA221FA3506676D9A0E259 Official Eclair radio
2.05.00.06.11: 7AF47CBF2DF017985AD1E03766550C3C Leaked Eclair radio
2.07.00.07.16: FB0BFF88DE8EBC1C2E2EC85D027C14B6 Leaked Froyo radio
2.15.00.07.28: A0697349057B233600C93CE07AF81F87 (includes cwm recovery 2.5.0.5) Official Froyo radio
2.15.00.09.01: C26E304970A50BF1041DFFA794F440EE Leaked Froyo radio

URL for files:
Radios

MD5 calculator to check your file integrity:
Radio Check

1. Install, and then download your file. Once done, right click and choose md5 calculator. Your number should match the appropriate one listed above.

Evo Radio for Incredible v2.15.00.11.19

Kernels

Stock Sense HTC Kernel
Source

Hydra
Disclaimer: Do not use in conjunction with CM6 or SetCPU. When using these overclocked Kernels, you should always start with the first and only move on to the next when the first one gives you problems i.e. boot loops, force closes, etc.

#1 Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz v1.0

#2 Overclocked Undervolted 1.15ghz 25mv Overvolt v1.0

#3 Overclocked Undervolted 1.113ghz v1.0

#4 Overclocked Undervolted 1.113ghz 25mv Overvolt v1.0

Stock Speed Undervolted Kernel v0.5
Source

KingxKlick
BFS Kernel #5
BFS Kernel #4
BFS Kernel #3
BFS Kernel #2
BFS Kernel #1

CFS Kernel #5
CFS Kernel #4
CFS Kernel #3
CFS Kernel #2
CFS Kernel #1
Source

HeyItsLou
HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #9
HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #8
HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #7
HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #6
HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #5
HeyItsLou Custom Sense Kernel #4
Source

Last edited:
Reactions: goater1220

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Incredibly Re-Engineered (Provided by Brett)
CAP201101091152.png

Warm Z TwoPointTwo (Provided by Mclarryjr)
snap20110107_175506.png

LiquidMetal
CAP201101221912.jpg

Last edited:

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Updated 2/8:
Updated MIUI-now ported by warttack
CM7 Nightlies added-only added the link to the thread
Incredibly Re-Engineered Updated

I've noticed that a lot of people outside of this thread posting links to Roms. People that I never see in here. I don't want to sound sour, but I hope these same people at least check in here first. Don't be shy. You can link your favorite Roms here and I will gladly update. If I am not updating enough in a timely manner for you shoot me a PM or GTalk me @ dubbyagee@gmail.com

I spend a lot of time on this and would like to optimize the feedback.

Thank you.

And 1 more thing..

YOU INSTALL THESE ROMS AND MODS AT YOUR OWN RISK. I INCLUDED THE SOURCE PRIMARILY SO THAT YOU CAN CHECK OUT THE KNOWN BUGS AND SEE WHAT THE CREATOR HAS TO SAY ABOUT IT. USE IT TO YOUR ADVANTAGE. AND DON'T BLAME ME IF YOU MESS SOMETHING UP BECAUSE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

Thank you =)

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
trey good job on all of this. it is much appeciated by all of us.

so which one are you running currently?

at the moment i am still not rooted. yes i know, how can i not be rooted??? i dont know. the incredible is so much faster than the droid and the only real reason i would root than is to theme it. though i would love to get rid of this filler-ware that verizon put onto it. i hate when they put apps on here that i will never use and it wont let me uninstall them.

maybe tomorrow ill jump aboard. im still enjoying stock sense. it's been like a week and i am still in love with it haha

masully1984

Oct 27, 2010
Visit site
Correct it's not part of the website and my post was merely a suggestion. As an active Incredible owner in the android community I don't see anything wrong with my post, I have not promoted a rival forum. It's a website that anyone can look at so why not let forum members have the opportunity. I understand your loyalty to your forum but for users like myself increasing our knowledge base is important with all of the changes that happen everyday.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
Save your time now, The Incredible List It's already been done!!!

I checked it out already when you posted this in another thread. But like Brent said its not in this forum. Some of us are loyal here because the community is great and people help you out. If I really wanted to go to another site for hacks I'd choose xda. It's all about the site you love. If you love that site good for you. Others may like it too. But I'm doing this for the loyal members of AC.

Moving on, Brett, I'm using the New Guy ROM. Rooting is a breeze. The recovery part sucks since Koush doesn't have one for SLCD screens. All that S Off madness is already in the unrevoked rooting process. But you're right. Rooting the D1 was sooooo much easier.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
I have been running SkyRaider 3.3.2 for a week or so now and have no issues with it besides I'm having some trouble changing the lock screen (I like the stock lock screen). Beside that its very stable and smooth, battery life has not change for the good or bad.

Last edited:

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
Lovin New Guy 5 right now.. Super stable, really slick with the EVOness going on. Good for 1400 quadrant and 37 Linpack with KK5 kernel.

Last edited:

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
ok so i have finally rooted after having the incredible for a week. that was a huge PITA haha. the droid was like a 1-2-3 process compared to this thing. well at least between rooting and installing s-off.

i am not sure which rom i am going to go with because there are so many. i liked when i rooted my droid because there were a few in the beginning and i didn't feel so overwhelmed. this time around i'm looking around and just wandering where to start.

have any of you guys seen the new notification bar on the new Cyanogen. with the galaxy s power strip built into it. i wish somebody would port that over to a sense rom. i really like sense and am not willing to sacrifice it for power settings.

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
ok so i have finally rooted after having the incredible for a week. that was a huge PITA haha. the droid was like a 1-2-3 process compared to this thing. well at least between rooting and installing s-off.

i am not sure which rom i am going to go with because there are so many. i liked when i rooted my droid because there were a few in the beginning and i didn't feel so overwhelmed. this time around i'm looking around and just wandering where to start.

have any of you guys seen the new notification bar on the new Cyanogen. with the galaxy s power strip built into it. i wish somebody would port that over to a sense rom. i really like sense and am not willing to sacrifice it for power settings.

It's the Desire HD Rom. I've used it before and thought it was nice. I didn't post it though because at the time the camera didn't work and I wanted to give them time to fix it. I'll post it though.

Dperks17

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Loving Redemption rom 2.1 with Stock 2.6.32.17 HTC Kernel getting about 4 and half hours of Awake time on stock battery

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
i was just thinking of a cool thing to add to this thread. a weekly poll. the poll could ask what rom are you currently using and then have options for all of the roms that are listed and another option for "other" and the members could reply with the rom they are using if it isn't listed. then on sunday just clear it and have it start over each week. just an idea

Status
Not open for further replies.