I'm probably going to root soon because of what im seeing the new update has in store for us. I'll probably use unrevoked and i noticed that it says unistall htc sync. im not entirely sure i even installed it when i plugged my phone in? i know this is noobish lol but i want to make sure when i root its flawless. so where do i look to be sure its not installed on my computer?
    11-11-2010 03:08 PM
    I'm probably going to root soon because of what im seeing the new update has in store for us. I'll probably use unrevoked and i noticed that it says unistall htc sync. im not entirely sure i even installed it when i plugged my phone in? i know this is noobish lol but i want to make sure when i root its flawless. so where do i look to be sure its not installed on my computer?
    HTC sync is installed on PCs. It will interfere with establishing a connection for pushing the adb commands needed for root.

Uninstall it in control panel, then install the Android Developer's SDK package.
    11-12-2010 08:42 PM
    thank you! i wanted to start the whole process didnt want to get hung up on that part
    11-12-2010 09:52 PM
    Im running into the same problem but I do not see the htc sync in the uninstall program in my computer. Where else would it be?
    12-28-2012 08:02 PM
    If you don't see it in Add/Remove programs then it is not installed.
    01-01-2013 08:35 PM
    Everytime I try to use the HTC sync my computer freezes. I have tried to remove the program but I get a mesage that the windows installern is not correctly installed - any help ?
    01-02-2013 02:41 PM
    You could try installing the latest version and then uninstalling it. You can download it here: Tools | PvilleComp's
    01-02-2013 07:58 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD