Unable to unroot

xhunter187

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
To upstreammiami, Thank you so much it worked perfectly. Sorry it took so long to get back at you. Just been really busy. I think it had to do with the fact that I had changed the kernel on my phone but all is well now. Your awesome. Now if you would have asked me about Blackberry phones I would have been all over it lol. Now I just need to learn about Android. With people like you I am on the right track.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
To upstreammiami, Thank you so much it worked perfectly. Sorry it took so long to get back at you. Just been really busy. I think it had to do with the fact that I had changed the kernel on my phone but all is well now. Your awesome. Now if you would have asked me about Blackberry phones I would have been all over it lol. Now I just need to learn about Android. With people like you I am on the right track.

Awesome glad it worked. Thanks man that means a lot just trying to help people on the forums :D

Last edited:

xhunter187

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I was beginning to think people didn't care in this forum. Now I have Froyo with the update patch. Just looking for an awesome kernel to flash. Would you happen to know where I can find the stock HTC Incredible kernel?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone want to post a clear, step-by-step guide to unrooting? I want to root my Dinc, but want to make sure I'm totally clear on how to go back to stock first (plus, the unrevoked web site seems to be down, so I have some waiting to do).

I tried making a video but man I couldn't stop laughing lol. Hit me up on gtalk ill root it for you

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Put this on the root of your sd card PB31IMG.zip load up hboot . Then http://android.clients.google.com/p...on_WWE_3.21.605.1_1.22.605.2_release_sign.zip name this file update.zip . Reboot into hboot, select recovery. Now the screen will have a funny picture, press the volume up key and power button. Now select 'run update.zip

How exactly do you load up hboot...is this just the power button and volume down? Also will this method of unrooting be what I would have to do to send it back to verizon? And does s on have to be enabled for them to not know I rooted.

aspen1284

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
Ok... What do I do if I cant boot into recovery? Phone freezes at the white Incredible screen and does nothing every time. Am I stuck with a forever rooted phone?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463