Unrevoked Rooting -- Whats the diff?

dreedy01

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
Hey fellow Android heads! I've been with Android for bout 6 months now coming from BlackBerry where I was very familiar with working with the phone, installing leaked OS's and messing with the device itself and I'm starting to get the itch to mess around with my Droid Incredible alil bit. Of course, to do anything with Android, you must root your device first. Obviously, I know the best way to root my Incredible is using Unrevoked but I'm alil confused on exactly what is the difference between Unrevoked 3 and Unrevoked Forever. As of right now, all I wanna do is have root to dabble around alil bit (removed bloatware, set CPU speeds) and things like that just to get a feel of messing around with the insides of Android itself. So what do you guys out there in the forums that have done this waaayyy more than myself suggest doing?

Thanks in advance for anyone and everyones help!! :)

dreedy01

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...nce-between-unrevoked3-unrevoked-forever.html

Go to this page. this is how i figured out the difference between the two

Thanks JayVil...that did help out with the explanation of the two. From what I have read up on this morning and some vids on youtube, looks like unrevoked 3 is currently the direction I should go just to mess around alil bit. But does unrevoked 3 allow you in to deleting some of the bloatware crap that big red stuffs onto the phone I wonder?

dreedy01

Oct 18, 2010
Visit site
I thought that unrevoked3 now turns S-Off also so theres no need for unrevoked forever anymore correct?

Thats what I have gathered too from just surfing around the forums this morning so far so if that's the case, Forever wouldn't be needed as you stated if that is correct.

sabbotage

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
yes, unrevoked 3 is the easiest way i believe

I was gonna say, I used unrevoked3 version 3.22 to root mine and i had to use a custom recovery because of the SLCD screen and mine says S-Off when I boot to recovery, so I assumed it worked. I havent tried any custom roms yet, but I'm sure I will when I have time.

jvilly92

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
I was gonna say, I used unrevoked3 version 3.22 to root mine and i had to use a custom recovery because of the SLCD screen and mine says S-Off when I boot to recovery, so I assumed it worked. I havent tried any custom roms yet, but I'm sure I will when I have time.

That's exactly what I did too

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

bkorver

Mar 17, 2010
Visit site
But does unrevoked 3 allow you in to deleting some of the bloatware crap that big red stuffs onto the phone I wonder?

Unrevoked will unlock the phone, but to edit files you will need a file manager with read/write capability, like root explorer or Astro.

sabbotage

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Unrevoked will unlock the phone, but to edit files you will need a file manager with read/write capability, like root explorer or Astro.

I used titanium backup to make backups of EVERYTHING first and then deleted the bloatware. Then if I need to I can reinstall it later. My battery is 100 times better since removing some of that junk. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon