Apply Update 2.2.1 to rooted phone?

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
So I was trying to install the update and then reroot my phone, but every time I select the update to install, it says that it is rebooting the device in 10 secs. It counts down and does nothing. when I load HBOOT it shows at the top S-Off, how do I switch it to S-On and will that help me at all or is there something else that I am missing. I have read about 20 other threads but none of them seem to answer this for me. I just need detailed directions please.:confused:

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
So I was trying to install the update and then reroot my phone, but every time I select the update to install, it says that it is rebooting the device in 10 secs. It counts down and does nothing. when I load HBOOT it shows at the top S-Off, how do I switch it to S-On and will that help me at all or is there something else that I am missing. I have read about 20 other threads but none of them seem to answer this for me. I just need detailed directions please.:confused:

public:forever [RootWiki]

Reactions: BBKik

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
OK same issue, My phone is still hanging at the shutdown at the beginning of the Install. WTF this is really driving me crazy!

BBKik

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
What recovery should I be using in order to do the Update?

never mind I am an idiot I read it 2000 damn times and missed it every time. Thanks for the help again.

Last edited: