any members want to take the challenge of getting my phone rooted?

SkywolfNYNE

Jan 8, 2015
Visit site
soo.... after a shiny new S5 getting wet and dying forever, and a gs3 that wouldn't boot past the red verizon banner without shutting off (i could get into odin, but couldn't enable USB debugging to flash anything to save the phone) , im now using the back up, back up DINC.

its stock and unrooted
android: 2.3.4
build: 4.08.605.19
kernel: stockaroo.

i browsed quite a bit and heard CM7 RC(whichever i can find) is probably the most useful ROM i can find, so i thought itd be a simple task to obtain this software....

well..after multiple clicks at unrevoked3 and no program downloads, i finally got a copy of 3.22 from media something. ive been basically following this guide: link1:incredibleforum.com/forum/htc-incredible-hacks/5506-rooting-stock-2-2-using-unrevoked-3-32-original-inc-only

after originally following this guide: link2:forums.androidcentral.com/incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/55941-guide-how-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible

while occasinally glancing at this post, but ultimately ignoring it because it seems like ill have to pay WAY closer attention to what im doing than the other guides: link3:androidforums.com/threads/unrevoked-not-working.526035/

so essentially, heres where im at:
-if my phone is at 2.3.4, can i factory reset to go back to 2.2 (since its my understanding that unrevoked will only work on android 2.2)?
-do i really need the HBOOT drivers? (this page probably has everything i need, although im not sure what exactly i will need link4:pvillecomp.com/?page_id=22 also what a great idea making this website, this guy deserves a medal)
-i assume i shouldn't just plug my phone in and run unrevoked3.22 as it sits unless i want my phone bricked, correct?
- i saw some things about formatting SD cards and putting files places and renaming them and im prepared to get my hands dirty, i just dont want to for a phone that ill most likely stop using once i get my s5 fixed.
-so why do i want to root? because im tired of waiting for the phone to load every time i hit the home screen and after 3 years of galaxy s, this phone is killing me inside.
-why do i want to root this phone if im not going to use it for awhile? because a few years back i managed to stumble my way around rooting a tmobile gs2 and flashing a different rom onto it so i could unlock the APN settings so my girlfriend could use a straight talk sim card in it. i felt pretty tech savy after that and want to keep doing it. a back up phone is a perfect thing to play around on with stuff like this but its currently my only phone and i dont want to have no phone if i proceed without asking for the community's help... so here i am... wondering if any users have some spare time to help me root this dinosaur. ill be here ready to provide additional information if anyone want to accept this quest.

thank you for all users who's guides ive been using thus far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463