Finally rooted my inc!

I am138

Aug 20, 2010
Visit site
You need Rom manager, and Titanium backup. If you buy Titanium Pro you can freeze bloatware, they arent removed, but they wont start running on there own in the background.

s_franchise

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
thanks everyone i did get the titanium last night so i already have that set up. rom manager i did have a question, it said i to flash clockmod or something on the my phone, will that affect the back up i did initially in Hboot?

kdo23

Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Backup

Any proper back up you have made should be loadable from clockwork, you may have to dig around in your SD card for the right folder. If for any reason you have a problem you can always flash back to the recovery you had originally and boot from there. Although I am cautious as you say you backed up in HBOOT, which is just a screen you can use to load your recovery but not an actual recovery system in and of itself.

s_franchise

Sep 21, 2010
Visit site
I had to create a back up in the menu settings I read some instructions and its said to do a back up in that part of the phone as soon as I rooted. It was in hboot, back up & recovery, then make a back up. Is how I think it went. Is that back up different from the one that titanium makes?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had to create a back up in the menu settings I read some instructions and its said to do a back up in that part of the phone as soon as I rooted. It was in hboot, back up & recovery, then make a back up. Is how I think it went. Is that back up different from the one that titanium makes?

Yes,

The Backup made by Clockwork or any other Recovery is a full image of your phone in the state it was in when you make the back up. Everything is captured. The OS, Apps, Data, e-mail, settings, screens, your Mothers maiden name... everything as of the moment you made the backup.

Titanium backs up Apps and Data, as far as I understand it, it does not back up the OS.

Valbuhdee#AC

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Congrats on the root! I'm a newbie when it comes to this, also.

Titanium and ROM Manager have been awesome.
I'm using Myn's Warm TwoPointTwo ROM right now and I LOVE it!

As for the bloatware, there is a "Chuck Norris" setting on Titanium that is supposed to help with that. Just open the app/menu/preferences. Scroll down and you should see the option.

Good luck on your future endeavors and have fun!!! :3

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX