LG Optimus 2X accuweather clock widget?!?!?!

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Does anyone know where/if I can get the clock widget on the phones in this headline post: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-officially-announces-tegra-2-dual-core-optimus-2x#comments I heard people tell others it was the accuweather.com widget but everywhere I look it's just that lame accuweather widget that has been around since Android 1.6, Please if anyone can find a working flash or apk for this I would be very greatful!

P.S. If I'm just a tard and didn't see it already posted somewhere my apologies, I have searched all over.

*EDIT* I added the picture to the post.

Last edited:

jvilly92

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
It's pretty neat but I am using a vanilla rom so it wouldn't work anyway.

Thanks for the contribution though.

you can use it with vanilla rom. on the thread it says to if you are using non sense rom to download skinned fancy widget and it has a link on the side

Nov 12, 2010
Visit site
Subscribed...I'm still hopeful that we'll see this available for download once the phone is released. I've been scouring all the forums looking for it...so pitiful...:eek:

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Subscribed...I'm still hopeful that we'll see this available for download once the phone is released. I've been scouring all the forums looking for it...so pitiful...:eek:

Lol, Trust me, I've been doing the same thing. I spent prolly 4 hours over the last 2 evenings looking for an apk or flash of this :p

oswade

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I registered to this forum to voice my interest in this widget too lol.

Let's hope it works once it's dumped, cause I tried the optimus T weather widget and it didn't work (apparantly only works with the optimus launcher).

Optimus Z also seems to have a weather widget (from pictures, could be wrong though), but the only dump link I could find on the web is dead...

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
check these out its not the lg optimus 2x clock widget but there pretty cool

[SKIN] 3D Clock Widget for Froyo Sense - X'mas Edition updated!!! - xda-developers

Downloaded and ran it as an "update.zip" but got no changes. Did I do it wrong? I know it says flash it like a rom on the XDA site so do i have to name it the PB123whatever whatever then clear my data and cache? seems like a lot just to get a new clock widget, though it does look way better than the standard flip clock to me.

jvilly92

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
No you don't have to change the name just put the zip in your root of your SD card boot to recovery and flash it takes like 5 mins not hard at all

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

sabbotage

Apr 29, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded and ran it as an "update.zip" but got no changes. Did I do it wrong? I know it says flash it like a rom on the XDA site so do i have to name it the PB123whatever whatever then clear my data and cache? seems like a lot just to get a new clock widget, though it does look way better than the standard flip clock to me.

You need a deodexed rom to use this. Are you running a deodexed rom?

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
You need a deodexed rom to use this. Are you running a deodexed rom?

Not sure. It's just rooted Froyo with Urevoked forever and the bloat stuff removed.

May sound ignorant but what exactly is "dedexed"? i've read the term before but not sure i'm getting it.

Must not be cause i just reflashed it without changing the name and still see no change.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
What I understand is that Deodexed means that the apk files have been changed to .dex files so your able to edit APK's in a Rom. So basically your able to modify a deodexed Roms where odexed Roms can not be modified.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Xd3dp1gX