LG Optimus 2X accuweather clock widget?!?!?!

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If I had any idea what you just said, maybe I could. Think I'd better just stick to my "stock" rooted 2.2

Thanks for the help though.

The best part of being rooted IMO is trying custom Roms, make a backup of your stock Rom and try one or ten :eek: if you don't like them just recovery from your backup.

myns RLS4 is an outstanding Rom

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
The best part of being rooted IMO is trying custom Roms, make a backup of your stock Rom and try one or ten :eek: if you don't like them just recovery from your backup.

I completely agree, although I am stuck with cyanogenmod, I just don't even wanna bother trying any other roms now that I have this on my Inc. Everything is so fast. No lag either.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site

I completely agree, although I am stuck with cyanogenmod, I just don't even wanna bother trying any other roms now that I have this on my Inc. Everything is so fast. No lag either.

Problem is (if you want to call it that) I really like sense and froyo. I've looked at pretty much ROM listed on the Roms page from this forum and some of them look really great but it seems like they're always missing one or two things that to me are deal breakers. For instance, one will have all the apps i really want with no bloat but its vanilla, or another will have sense and almost everything but has the calculator and some other basic stuff i use a lot stripped out.

mclarryjr, i like the look of the rom you suggested but it seems like its more for a sprint phone..unless i read it wrong, the verizon hotspot was removed and replaced with sprints. I know they're both CDMA but seems like it would kinda screw the phone up. Guess it doesn't if people on this forum are using it though.

Nephilim_80

May 18, 2010
Visit site
Problem is (if you want to call it that) I really like sense and froyo. I've looked at pretty much ROM listed on the Roms page from this forum and some of them look really great but it seems like they're always missing one or two things that to me are deal breakers. For instance, one will have all the apps i really want with no bloat but its vanilla, or another will have sense and almost everything but has the calculator and some other basic stuff i use a lot stripped out.

mclarryjr, i like the look of the rom you suggested but it seems like its more for a sprint phone..unless i read it wrong, the verizon hotspot was removed and replaced with sprints. I know they're both CDMA but seems like it would kinda screw the phone up. Guess it doesn't if people on this forum are using it though.

The verizon hotspot app is pretty useless anyway. They charge you an additional monthly fee to use it. You are better off just getting a third party free hotspot app since you are rooted or plan to be rooted. Trust me, if that is the only thing holding you back, just try the rom out and get a free hotspot app :)

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
Myn's 2.2 is the best ROM that I have tried, hands down. Yes, there are few Sprint specific menus and apps, but the Sprint apps can be removed via Titanium or similiar app. This did annoy me at first, but you just ignore the sprint stuff, it is the best ROM. Until a sense gingerbread ROM drops, I can't see myself using any other ROM.

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
CAP2010122618321.jpg

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463