02-01-2011 05:07 PM
39 12
tools
    Does anyone know where/if I can get the clock widget on the phones in this headline post: http://www.androidcentral.com/lg-off...us-2x#comments I heard people tell others it was the accuweather.com widget but everywhere I look it's just that lame accuweather widget that has been around since Android 1.6, Please if anyone can find a working flash or apk for this I would be very greatful!

P.S. If I'm just a tard and didn't see it already posted somewhere my apologies, I have searched all over.

*EDIT* I added the picture to the post.
    12-16-2010 12:09 AM
    that is a nice widget i wonder where you get that also
    12-16-2010 12:43 AM
    that is a nice widget i wonder where you get that also
    I'm hoping it pops up over at XDA or somewhere soon, I really like the 3D aspect of it and I think it would look amazing with cyanogenmod.
    12-16-2010 01:00 AM
    Omg, now I want that widget. I'm on the hunt for it
    12-16-2010 10:08 AM
    I posted an identical post in the optimus 2x forum..... That widget is sessy!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
    12-16-2010 10:22 AM
    you can try the miui widget i posted a picture in my nexus s wallpaper thread
    12-16-2010 11:21 AM
    you can try the miui widget i posted a picture in my nexus s wallpaper thread
    That's alright but I am looking for this exact widget. Thanks though Upstream, you are always a big help on this site, if you hear anything about this widget please share.
    12-16-2010 01:09 PM
    check these out its not the lg optimus 2x clock widget but there pretty cool

[SKIN] 3D Clock Widget for Froyo Sense - X'mas Edition updated!!! - xda-developers
    Nephilim_80 likes this.
    12-16-2010 11:58 PM

[SKIN] 3D Clock Widget for Froyo Sense - X'mas Edition updated!!! - xda-developers
    It's pretty neat but I am using a vanilla rom so it wouldn't work anyway.

Thanks for the contribution though.
    12-17-2010 12:52 AM
    It's pretty neat but I am using a vanilla rom so it wouldn't work anyway.

Thanks for the contribution though.
    you can use it with vanilla rom. on the thread it says to if you are using non sense rom to download skinned fancy widget and it has a link on the side
    12-17-2010 12:57 AM
    So I am assuming there has been no luck yet?
    12-18-2010 02:30 PM
    Subscribed...I'm still hopeful that we'll see this available for download once the phone is released. I've been scouring all the forums looking for it...so pitiful...:o
    12-19-2010 07:23 AM
    Subscribed...I'm still hopeful that we'll see this available for download once the phone is released. I've been scouring all the forums looking for it...so pitiful...:o
    Lol, Trust me, I've been doing the same thing. I spent prolly 4 hours over the last 2 evenings looking for an apk or flash of this :P
    12-19-2010 12:48 PM
    I registered to this forum to voice my interest in this widget too lol.

Let's hope it works once it's dumped, cause I tried the optimus T weather widget and it didn't work (apparantly only works with the optimus launcher).

Optimus Z also seems to have a weather widget (from pictures, could be wrong though), but the only dump link I could find on the web is dead...
    12-19-2010 07:05 PM

Downloaded and ran it as an "update.zip" but got no changes. Did I do it wrong? I know it says flash it like a rom on the XDA site so do i have to name it the PB123whatever whatever then clear my data and cache? seems like a lot just to get a new clock widget, though it does look way better than the standard flip clock to me.
    12-19-2010 09:52 PM
    No you don't have to change the name just put the zip in your root of your SD card boot to recovery and flash it takes like 5 mins not hard at all

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk
    12-20-2010 01:29 PM
    Thats like the miui widget .. it would be cool if the grass would change instead of having to download the snow separate.
    12-20-2010 02:03 PM
    Downloaded and ran it as an "update.zip" but got no changes. Did I do it wrong? I know it says flash it like a rom on the XDA site so do i have to name it the PB123whatever whatever then clear my data and cache? seems like a lot just to get a new clock widget, though it does look way better than the standard flip clock to me.
    You need a deodexed rom to use this. Are you running a deodexed rom?
    12-20-2010 02:30 PM
    You need a deodexed rom to use this. Are you running a deodexed rom?
    Not sure. It's just rooted Froyo with Urevoked forever and the bloat stuff removed.

May sound ignorant but what exactly is "dedexed"? i've read the term before but not sure i'm getting it.

Must not be cause i just reflashed it without changing the name and still see no change.
    12-20-2010 03:00 PM
    What I understand is that Deodexed means that the apk files have been changed to .dex files so your able to edit APK's in a Rom. So basically your able to modify a deodexed Roms where odexed Roms can not be modified.

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
    12-21-2010 10:57 AM

If I'm wrong someone please correct me.
    If I had any idea what you just said, maybe I could. Think I'd better just stick to my "stock" rooted 2.2

Thanks for the help though.
    12-21-2010 12:05 PM
    If I had any idea what you just said, maybe I could. Think I'd better just stick to my "stock" rooted 2.2

Thanks for the help though.
    The best part of being rooted IMO is trying custom Roms, make a backup of your stock Rom and try one or ten :o if you don't like them just recovery from your backup.

myns RLS4 is an outstanding Rom
    12-21-2010 12:14 PM
    The best part of being rooted IMO is trying custom Roms, make a backup of your stock Rom and try one or ten :o if you don't like them just recovery from your backup.

I completely agree, although I am stuck with cyanogenmod, I just don't even wanna bother trying any other roms now that I have this on my Inc. Everything is so fast. No lag either.
    12-21-2010 03:12 PM

I completely agree, although I am stuck with cyanogenmod, I just don't even wanna bother trying any other roms now that I have this on my Inc. Everything is so fast. No lag either.
    Problem is (if you want to call it that) I really like sense and froyo. I've looked at pretty much ROM listed on the Roms page from this forum and some of them look really great but it seems like they're always missing one or two things that to me are deal breakers. For instance, one will have all the apps i really want with no bloat but its vanilla, or another will have sense and almost everything but has the calculator and some other basic stuff i use a lot stripped out.

mclarryjr, i like the look of the rom you suggested but it seems like its more for a sprint phone..unless i read it wrong, the verizon hotspot was removed and replaced with sprints. I know they're both CDMA but seems like it would kinda screw the phone up. Guess it doesn't if people on this forum are using it though.
    12-21-2010 08:16 PM
    Problem is (if you want to call it that) I really like sense and froyo. I've looked at pretty much ROM listed on the Roms page from this forum and some of them look really great but it seems like they're always missing one or two things that to me are deal breakers. For instance, one will have all the apps i really want with no bloat but its vanilla, or another will have sense and almost everything but has the calculator and some other basic stuff i use a lot stripped out.

mclarryjr, i like the look of the rom you suggested but it seems like its more for a sprint phone..unless i read it wrong, the verizon hotspot was removed and replaced with sprints. I know they're both CDMA but seems like it would kinda screw the phone up. Guess it doesn't if people on this forum are using it though.
    The verizon hotspot app is pretty useless anyway. They charge you an additional monthly fee to use it. You are better off just getting a third party free hotspot app since you are rooted or plan to be rooted. Trust me, if that is the only thing holding you back, just try the rom out and get a free hotspot app
    12-21-2010 09:55 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD