Virtuous 3.2 bugs

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
Is anyone else running Virtuous 3.2 and having issues? I'm getting a LOT of force closes on it, it has randomly shut down on me a bunch of times, and I'm getting a lot of problems sending emails from EVERY email program (stock, gmail, and maildroid).

I'm going to go back to the stock kernel and see if that helps, and if not, downgrade back to virtuous 3.1. That worked flawlessly.

altezzaboy03

Mar 22, 2010
Visit site
been on Virtuous 3.2 since last week...
only problem was Sense UI kept force closing and looped it until i rebooted. haven't had a problem since

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I had the reboot issue - I had the Alternate kernel running - like on 3.1 with no problems. Had 3.2 running for a day then I installed Swype and it started Crashing like a Redskins Season! I uninstalled Swype and went back to the stock kernel and no more crashes.

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
did you reset permissions and did you wipe before installing 3.2?

Yes, and yes. I reflashed the stock kernel and it seems better. The bugs are gone, but the battery life is worse than the last version of Virtuous. I might try the Kings kernel. I used #5 in the past and that seemed to get good battery life. How well to #6 and Virtuous mix?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been stable w/ no swype and stock kernel for 2 days now - switching back to the Virt Custom Kernel to see how that works.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Back on the Custom Kernel for 3 days now no issues. I guess Swype does not like the Custom Kernel. FWIW - My phone has been off the charger since the 24th and I'm still at 45% Battery (3500 Battery). Granted they have been very light usage days but I have been using the web making a few calls and checking e-mail and AC of course! ;)

Migizi

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Virtuous 3.2 ROM, all email works fine EXCEPT GMAIL, which I can't even open.

I did NOT wipe data during the installation, so maybe that was the problem. I am going to attempt to reinstall GMail and see if that works.

All else seems OK so far.

Migizi

Jun 24, 2010
Visit site
I just installed the Virtuous 3.2 ROM, all email works fine EXCEPT GMAIL, which I can't even open.

I did NOT wipe data during the installation, so maybe that was the problem. I am going to attempt to reinstall GMail and see if that works.

All else seems OK so far.

Aw crap, now I can't figure out how to reinstall GMail. Market won't let me do it from what I can tell, and you can't uninstall it. Anyone know how to get around this issue?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Migizi - if this was your first install of Virtuous then yes you need to wipe the phone before installing the ROM.

You can backup your data to the SD Card and do a fresh install of the ROM after wiping the phone storage, that should fix any problems you are having with G-mail.

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary