Having a ROM issue

burmz0rz

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
I have tried many many ROMS from the site to see if I could resolve this issue. It doesn't matter what I do. I've wiped and wiped and wiped. I've done every wipe I can do. Before and after installation. When I reboot my phone my facebook loses its update, my gmail forcecloses, and a few of my apps stop working without me reinstalling them. Also, I have to go through the initial set up again EVERYTIME. It's a pain in the rear. I really really could use some help. I sincerely thank anyone who can help me fix this issue.

mclarryjr

Retired Moderator
Nov 2, 2009
Visit site
If you wipe before you install a Rom which you should always do you will need to go through the setup there is no way around it. There are a few back up apps to help you reinstall your apps like astro or titanium backup but you still going to have to sign back in to Google to sync all your contacts and calendars.

Depending on which Rom your flashing you may have to update some apps like facebook depending on what versions of apps the Rom has included. If your having issues with Gmail just go into settings>applications>manage apps>all Apps>locate Gmail and clear cache, and data. This should help out.

JTEastwood

Mar 14, 2010
Visit site
I have tried many many ROMS from the site to see if I could resolve this issue. It doesn't matter what I do. I've wiped and wiped and wiped. I've done every wipe I can do. Before and after installation. When I reboot my phone my facebook loses its update, my gmail forcecloses, and a few of my apps stop working without me reinstalling them. Also, I have to go through the initial set up again EVERYTIME. It's a pain in the rear. I really really could use some help. I sincerely thank anyone who can help me fix this issue.

Is your issue every reboot or everytime you flash a new rom? If its every reboot, there is a problem. If its every rom flash, its normal.

+1 for the gmail wipe cache. works every time.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I had an issue once where every time I would reboot, it would bring up the setup screen and I would be met with a multitude of FC's. It sounds like you are having this same issue if I'm not mistaken. I searched and searched to no avail. I tried every combination of ROM and kernel to fix it, but still after any reboot, I was met with the same result.

Eventually what I had to do was use the official RUU from Verizon to return to stock. Then I re-rooted, and began flashing away again with no issues. I haven't had this issue arise since, so I think a quick trip back to stock might be the solution. Hope this helps!

Reactions: burmz0rz

burmz0rz

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Crondable,

Curious where I get this RUU and does installing it automatically take me back to where you were saying I need to go? Or do you think you could provide like a quick overview how I should go about this? I really don't want to mess up my phone and I'm tired of having so many issues with this.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Hey, no sweat man! I remember being very frustrated and confused when it was happening to me, so I'm happy to save someone the anguish ;)

burmz0rz

Sep 16, 2010
Visit site
Definitely, its been happening for a couple months now, I've just decided that i want to do something about it and haven't been able to find anything

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC