Need Advice On Choice Of Kernel.

xhunter187

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
I just installed my first Rom tonight. Its called Magnolia RC2. So far I love it because it is still Sense based. It also has the stock kernel as well. My question is because its a pretty much stock based Sense based ROM with a stock kernel, could I change the kernel to another one like I had running when I on my stock ROM? Would be it a good idea?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Yes, I have read that. I guess I meant what is the difference between all the ones being discussed here on this site.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Some kernals play better with certain roms then others so it is like trial and error finding one that works best for you current rom.

Thats why when you find others running the same rom is you do ,its good to read which kernal is overall performing best for them and maybe it will for you. The kernal I am using ziggys works great on sense based roms like skyraider or RR.for example . But I have had a kernal which didnt perform well also.I only had 2 kernals so far since on ziggys I havent needed to change but I think its more for sense based roms.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lucharmer