I have a feeling this is on here somewhere but I can't find it, so sorry in advance. I have an Incredible and I had rooted it using the unRevoked method months ago. Verizon has been trying to push a 17.7 MB Android Update on me for about a month now. It is driving me nuts. Even if I select Restart and Install, nothing happens, it counts down and then just sits there. It is the System update that "includes the installation of V Cast Apps, Slacker, and many other improvements for your DROID Incredible by HTC.." ... ... etc..

I don't particularly care for any of these updates, but I don't like not having my phone up to date. Do I need to unroot, which I presume would wipe my phone, then install these updates, then re-root? Is there any way to disable this message. I can't seem to find one. The message pops up almost every time I unlock my phone, it is really quite bothersome. Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you guys might have!
    01-18-2011 11:22 PM
    Yes, you will need to unroot in order to apply the update.

Not sure how to stop the message. Someone else can answer that.
    01-19-2011 12:30 AM
    When the white window comes up and gives you two options....the two options being "update" and "cancel", choose neither one. Instead hit the back button and the upgrade notification will disappear.
    01-19-2011 12:43 AM
    just load a rom that has this update
    01-19-2011 08:45 AM
    Any chance you could point me in a direction of one of those?
    01-19-2011 07:59 PM
    Virtuous 3.2 has it. I believe Skyraider Sence has it as does Redemption Revolution. These are all sence based ROM's. I use Virtuous because I liked the stock load w/o all the crapware.

Check out this thread

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...tml#post405934
    01-19-2011 08:11 PM
    There is a thread that has a link to the update that you can save to your SD card and then install it from recovery mode. You then have to use Unrevoked again to re root but I did it this way and it took a toltal of 20 minutes.
    01-20-2011 04:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD