[GUIDE] How to root, un-root and rom your Droid Incredible.

charliep

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hi there,

I have root but I can't get the S-off to work...I keep getting a E:\cant mount cache, ect.

Any thought on how to fix it?

Thanks
Charlie

Brett

Retired Moderator
Nov 22, 2009
Visit site
that's weird. The only time I remember getting something similar to that was when i deleted everything off my sd card (advice, DO NOT DELETE EVERYTHING OFF YOUR SD CARD!!! haha).

I think (from what I have been hearing) that unrevoked has made rooting and turning s-off an all in 1 process. Double check to see if it is already off. If not, what steps did you get stuck at exactly? just when trying to turn s-off in after reboot?

Reactions: charliep

charliep

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
It rooted without turning S-off. When I try and do a update from HBOOT I go in and try to load from SDCARD and it gives the errors. I've tryed with a full SD card and a reformatted one with the update.zip file and as the unrevoked.zip file. I have a 8g class 2 SD card do I need something different?

I want to get rid of the trash apps (stocks,skype...) but I can't right now.

Thanks for the help

yomonk1

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
I tried to unroot my phone for warranty purposes. I am back to stock ROM but I still have S-Off. When I try to adb push the Unrevoked files, it says error: device not found.
What can I do now to get S-On?

jbair2

May 18, 2010
Visit site
When trying to download PB31IMG_3.26.605.1_RUU.zip from the link, it comes up as a bad file?? Anyone have a link to ao good 3.26 link?

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
my friend has a DInc and he wants me to root it to get themes, roms, and all that stuff. everything on here makes perfect sense to me but during the windows hboot driver installation instructions it says to download the androidusbdriver.zip and expand it. is expanding it another way of saying to extract it? cause i cannot seem to find the androidusbdriver.zip when im browsing.

thank you

FCO2011

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
I'm on the fence about rooting and I have a couple of questions. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but its late and I'm on my phone.

Do I have to back up anything before i root because I dont want to lose the data stored on my phone

Second after rooting will the rest of the phone will stay the same right? Like It will be the same before and after save for the stuff rooting does/adds

third do I have to wipe my phone before rooting in which case this goes back to question one

Thanks

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'm on the fence about rooting and I have a couple of questions. Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but its late and I'm on my phone.

Do I have to back up anything before i root because I dont want to lose the data stored on my phone

Second after rooting will the rest of the phone will stay the same right? Like It will be the same before and after save for the stuff rooting does/adds

third do I have to wipe my phone before rooting in which case this goes back to question one

Thanks

Rooting will not change anything on your phone except give you the ability to have Superuser permissions. You can root without worrying about wiping or resetting your phone. Everything will be as it was before.

FCO2011

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Rooting will not change anything on your phone except give you the ability to have Superuser permissions. You can root without worrying about wiping or resetting your phone. Everything will be as it was before.
Oh, alright. Thanks a lot. I may root today, or hold off until official support runs dry for the Incredible. (crosses fingers for gingerbread). Thanks again!

anotherxyz

Oct 28, 2010
Visit site
using the first method to unroot (im getting too many random reboots :( ) downloading the RUU as we speak. So far so good :)

Thank you guys sooooo much

Tripsyk

Apr 30, 2011
Visit site
This guide was amazing. Every phone model would be lucky to have a compendium like this, because it made it incredibly easy.

Well done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay