[ROM][GINGERBREAD] CyanogenMOD 7 Nightly Builds.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
......went back to #7 and paired with incredikernal. Worked like a champ for several hours and then a few hiccups, (forgot my google accounts and had to sign back in, some fcs, 1 random reboot). Otherwise it was straight.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
It's a good thing there is alot of kernel development going on lately considering builds are failing left and right! They still have a few kinks to work out after merging 2.3.3.

There is ANOTHER new Tiamat kernel, this one is pretty impressive as it now allows for overclocking up to 1.267Ghz. Luckily my DInc can handle the overclock, but I doubt I'll run it very long as it'll drain the battery, plus potential to damage the CPU. What were everyone's results with the newest Incredikernel?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I thought the slayher .37 was faster than the new incredikernal, at least at first, but they both seemed to produce some issues after a day's use (on #8). I've been running incredikernal on 7 and it's smooth, battery seems pretty good maybe slightly better than stock. I might flash slayher on 7 and see what that's like. Haven't used any tiamat kernels, i thought i read on xda that it wouldn't support wifi correctly? or something.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I thought the slayher .37 was faster than the new incredikernal, at least at first, but they both seemed to produce some issues after a day's use (on #8). I've been running incredikernal on 7 and it's smooth, battery seems pretty good maybe slightly better than stock. I might flash slayher on 7 and see what that's like. Haven't used any tiamat kernels, i thought i read on xda that it wouldn't support wifi correctly? or something.
Agreed... Im back at #7 with chads kernel, I had issues with #8 immediately! overall.. of all the kernels, Im liking .37 w/smartass. great battery life, plus i keep my phone underclocked at 921 with no issues.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
It's a good thing there is alot of kernel development going on lately considering builds are failing left and right! They still have a few kinks to work out after merging 2.3.3.

There is ANOTHER new Tiamat kernel, this one is pretty impressive as it now allows for overclocking up to 1.267Ghz. Luckily my DInc can handle the overclock, but I doubt I'll run it very long as it'll drain the battery, plus potential to damage the CPU. What were everyone's results with the newest Incredikernel?
What is this 2.3.3 you keep talking of :) what does it have in store?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Today I havent constantly been on my phone , so the use was more moderate but the stock battery is at 72% phones been on 9 hrs 45 min :cool: with the new Incredikernel kernel: min cpu 128MHz max: 1036 MHz / smartass governor

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
What is this 2.3.3 you keep talking of :) what does it have in store?

2.3.3 is the most recent update to AOSP pushed out by Google. Not much in store for us, but for developers, there will be some nifty code and API changes. One notable thing is the ability to take screenshots w/out root access. Which doesn't mean much for us considering the only way we have 2.3.x on our phones is via root...

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Today I havent constantly been on my phone , so the use was more moderate but the stock battery is at 72% phones been on 9 hrs 45 min :cool: with the new Incredikernel kernel: min cpu 128MHz max: 1036 MHz / smartass governor

Nice! Maybe once I get over how cool it is being able to OC to 1.267 I'll switch back to Incredikernel. Luckily I have the day off from work so I'm always by a charger, so I've been testing the battery life of Tiamat 3.1.2 at 1.15. Not great, but it is reasonable for OC.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I haven't changed the frequency, but with pretty heavy use on the incredikernal .37 with cm#7 i've got 53 percent battery, unplugged for 6 hours. but i was on a call for nearly an hour, and i play alot of words.

I guess i could lower the min frequency but i figured smartass would do it's thing (i don't know very much about it, new to android).

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I haven't changed the frequency, but with pretty heavy use on the incredikernal .37 with cm#7 i've got 53 percent battery, unplugged for 6 hours. but i was on a call for nearly an hour, and i play alot of words.

I guess i could lower the min frequency but i figured smartass would do it's thing (i don't know very much about it, new to android).

The smartass governor essentially works in place of a "Screen Off" profile in SetCPU. Incredikernel's smartass defaults to 254 min./384 max. I believe. The smartass governor is one of the many reasons people see such excellent battery life while running these kernels.

Lowering the minimum frequency to 128mhz would make a difference in battery life, but not a huge one. It could also cause some wake issues when unlocking the phone if your DInc doesn't like being underclocked so heavily. I've never had any issues, but others have.

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
Wiping before flashing this ROM?

I've been rooted for a while but have never wiped before flashing to a new ROM. I've searched but can't find the instructions on how to do a full wipe, wipe the cache and wipe the DAVLIK cache. A link to the instructions would be great. I"m assuming after that I just flash the ROM, bootup, then flash the Kernel, then flash the Gapps?

If I backup with ROM Manager am I able to fully restore my old ROM and all apps, settings, data, all my stuff? I just want to make sure I know what to do before wiping everything to insure I get all my apps/data/settings back with Cyanogen or should I want to return to Virtuous I have now. Thanks.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've been rooted for a while but have never wiped before flashing to a new ROM. I've searched but can't find the instructions on how to do a full wipe, wipe the cache and wipe the DAVLIK cache. A link to the instructions would be great. I"m assuming after that I just flash the ROM, bootup, then flash the Kernel, then flash the Gapps?

If I backup with ROM Manager am I able to fully restore my old ROM and all apps, settings, data, all my stuff? I just want to make sure I know what to do before wiping everything to insure I get all my apps/data/settings back with Cyanogen or should I want to return to Virtuous I have now. Thanks.

Here you go - Everything you need to wipe and load.

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...oot-rom-your-droid-incredible.html#post628102

Just make sure you use a file manager to move all your pictures, and files that are stored on the phone partition to the SD Card. When you wipe data, you will delete the contents of the data partition on the phone. The SD Card will be ok, so just make sure you back up any files you want first.

Titanium Backup is also a good way to do this.

Hope this helps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Sorry for the double post.

But I just read that slayher's twitter reports that it may be another day or two before we see another nightly while they hammer on 2.3.3.

<<deep breath.....Innnnnnnnnnn........ Oooooooouuuuuuuuuttttttttt....>>

I may walk out on the deck nekid just so I can flash SOMETHING! ;)

dually

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Am i the only person with buggy gps? I seem to have to run gps status to get a gps lock

I wonder if I need to start over with a clean install Because it was a mistake to titanium restore after upgrading from 6.1.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
anyone else having a problem with the honeybreadtheme not being able to press and hold widgets and move em the haptic feedback happens but nothing else

I had this happen while running nightly #8, and at the time i think i was using the slayher kernel. I couldn't figure out if it was a bug or if i screwed up an adb setting, but after looking around for a while i think it was a bug. Either way, i couldn't find a fix for it.

but i haaven't had the problem with #7.

edit
@dually - i just used Latitude app to get my gps and it's working properly. With both wifi and 3g.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I use the GPS almost every day and have had no lock problems. I actually thought that it locked faster than the OEM ROM. Sounds as if a full wipe might be a good idea. Remember; never restore system apps/cache from Titanium.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
On #8 and no issue with gps lock either if anything locks faster for me too.I use gps everyday too its kinda required if im to be a moderator on another app .I find sometimes tho first time using gps after installing some roms that after you turn gps on and from maps (not google nav.) if you get directions someplace and go to navigator inside map app the first time it fixes it from then on .With CM7 nightlies tho I havent had to do it that way

also Woot ha finally #11 is released i see :D

sent using TaPaTaLk

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Why does my battery jump from 100 to 90 within minutes!!!?!!

Because when you charge it overnight the charger turns off when the battery hits 100%. It then runs on battery until you unplug it. After a few minutes the system realizes that in fact it does not have 100% and adjusts accordingly.

This is there to prevent the battery from overcharging, which in simple terms, is a bad thing.

I usually take my phone off the charger to check e-mail and such over a cup of coffee then put it on the charger while I?m showering and getting dressed. That puts you back close to 100%.

Hope this helps.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante