[ROM][GINGERBREAD] CyanogenMOD 7 Nightly Builds.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Virtous ROM to the nightly. Did full wipe so and have nothing to revert back to. I've full wiped 5 times in past 24 hours because I didn't realize restoring system data from Titanium would mess things up until I got help on here. This is first time that everything is running perfectly with no issues so I really don't want to go back through the whole process again. I've been without my phone way too much and it's time consuming.

I'm using Nightly #6. I thought I read somewhere about getting your apps to appear in the market but can't find it now.
I had the same issue when I came from stock to the nightlies :)

If everything is running smooth then I wouldn't mess with perfection either... If the only thing is that your missing a few of your apps then I would just try to remember them and get them from the market (if they are third party apps, then you need to allow to see them). after you find and get your apps back, you need to use ROM manager or whatever you want to save your current ROM.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I went from a Virtous ROM to the nightly. Did full wipe so and have nothing to revert back to. I've full wiped 5 times in past 24 hours because I didn't realize restoring system data from Titanium would mess things up until I got help on here. This is first time that everything is running perfectly with no issues so I really don't want to go back through the whole process again. I've been without my phone way too much and it's time consuming.

I'm using Nightly #6. I thought I read somewhere about getting your apps to appear in the market but can't find it now.
I had the same issue when I came from stock to the nightlies :)

If everything is running smooth then I wouldn't mess with perfection either... If the only thing is that your missing a few of your apps then I would just try to remember them and get them from the market (if they are third party apps, then you need to allow to see them). after you find and get your apps back, you need to use ROM manager or whatever you want to save your current ROM.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
What is the best kernal to use with these nightlys that helps with battery life
My preference is Incredikernel 2.27.11 from the Original Post. It has smartass and lets me scale down all the way to 128 screen off. you can also overclock to 1113 but I don't think it makes a difference to me. I have mine set at 960Mhz. i can get a good 8-10hr of moderate use before worrying about charging. unless I am using FLASH, thats another story :)

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So I flashed CM7 RC1 last night and everything was great. I enabled wifi and it all worked like it should. Then this morning I signed into My Verizon and saw that somehow I had used up a portion of my monthly 3g allowance without knowing it. I'm always on wifi, I never use 3g. The only explanation I could come up with is that CM7 had disconnected from wifi after I powered my phone down for the night and reconnected after I powered the phone back on this morning. I can't afford to go over my monthly 3g limit so I switched from RC1 to Nightly 11. I enabled wifi and so far so good, but I;m worried that any time my phone goes to sleep for a long period of time it will disconnect from wifi and onto 3g, which I can't afford. Is this a bug in RC1, and do the nightlies do the same thing? Sorry in advance if this question had been asked before but I searched this thread and didn't find the answer.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
My preference is Incredikernel 2.27.11 from the Original Post. It has smartass and lets me scale down all the way to 128 screen off. you can also overclock to 1113 but I don't think it makes a difference to me. I have mine set at 960Mhz. i can get a good 8-10hr of moderate use before worrying about charging. unless I am using FLASH, thats another story :)

How exactly do I overclock and what exactly does it mean also is there anyway to revert back from flashing a kernel or should I just make a nandroid

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
So I flashed CM7 RC1 last night and everything was great. I enabled wifi and it all worked like it should. Then this morning I signed into My Verizon and saw that somehow I had used up a portion of my monthly 3g allowance without knowing it. I'm always on wifi, I never use 3g. The only explanation I could come up with is that CM7 had disconnected from wifi after I powered my phone down for the night and reconnected after I powered the phone back on this morning. I can't afford to go over my monthly 3g limit so I switched from RC1 to Nightly 11. I enabled wifi and so far so good, but I;m worried that any time my phone goes to sleep for a long period of time it will disconnect from wifi and onto 3g, which I can't afford. Is this a bug in RC1, and do the nightlies do the same thing? Sorry in advance if this question had been asked before but I searched this thread and didn't find the answer.

You can change your wi-fi sleep policy by going to into your Wireless & Network settings > Wi-Fi settings > press menu > advanced. From there you can set your wi-fi to never turn off.

Reactions: Dark Wizard Matoya

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
How exactly do I overclock and what exactly does it mean also is there anyway to revert back from flashing a kernel or should I just make a nandroid

Overclocking is running the processor at a higher speed then intended. Increases performance, while decreasing battery life and possibly stability.

Nandroid is the easiest way to go back to stock kernel.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you want some additional assurance, you can turn off your data radios in settings/Wireless & networks/Mobile networks/Data enabled, too.

Thanks. I was afraid that I was going to have to find another ROM, or worse yet unroot and go back to stock. After using CM7 for less the 24 hours I already love it and wouldn't want to go back, but the wifi issue is a definite deal breaker. Now I can stick with CM7 and not have to worry about going over my 3g limit. Thanks for showing me the solution, guys.

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I the full wipe process after the above didn't work. But this time I only restored User Apps from Titanium and it's running smoothly.

My one issue that remains is that the majority of my apps don't show in Market. How do I correct?

I believe the market will only show the apps you purchased under "my apps" after a wipe. At least that is what I always see after a full wipe. I use Appbrain or Titanium to remind myself what else I need to download and install. It always amazes me that there are always 2 or 3 "WTF did I load that app for" moments every time I do this. ;)

Reactions: wkupike2000

wkupike2000

May 14, 2010
Visit site
I believe the market will only show the apps you purchased under "my apps" after a wipe. At least that is what I always see after a full wipe. I use Appbrain or Titanium to remind myself what else I need to download and install. It always amazes me that there are always 2 or 3 "WTF did I load that app for" moments every time I do this. ;)

No kidding. Titanium reinstalled my user apps but they weren't showing in the market when I typed that. But then I checked the market like an hour later and they were all there. I'll take it!

Unfortunately, since I was on Wifi at work all day while doing this wipe and install I didn't realize that I can't connect to the internet while on 3G until I left. My 3G & it's bars are grey. I think recall them being green previously. I can be on Wifi at home and work but how do I get my internet connection back when on 3G? Texting and calling is working fine though.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
To set your Clock speed go to settings->CyanogenMod settings-> Performance (you will get a warning, click ok)-> CPU settings-> then depending on the kernel you have, you will be able to choose your available governor... I have "smartass"... then you can set your 'min CPU frequency' to whatever is available.

Remember the lower you go, the less battery is used and slower your CPU can go when your phone is idle, ie..
'screen off'... then you can set the max CPU to what ever you want, I have mine underclocked ( example-that means that a stock Incredible will run at 998Mhz, and I have mine set at max speed 960mhz.) depending on the Kernel you choose, you can set it all the way up to 1113 (i think i saw a post with an even higher setting) ... just remember, overclocking COULD make your phone unstable, overheat, and eats battery.

Last edited:

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I have anther question and again I wasn't able to find the answer in this thread. I've noticed that with both CM7 RC1 and Nightly 11 my battery life is really, really horrible. It drains much fasteer then befoore (before I would go from 100% battery life to 98 or 97% over night, this morning it was at around 90%) and the battery now takes hours to charge. I looked to see what was using up my battery and it's largely the display, which is using up 79% of my battery. I tries reducing the brightness to the point where I could barely see the screen anymore and cutting the screen timeout time to 15 seconds but to no avail. What is going on and is there any way I can improve my battery life?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I have anther question and again I wasn't able to find the answer in this thread. I've noticed that with both CM7 RC1 and Nightly 11 my battery life is really, really horrible. It drains much fasteer then befoore (before I would go from 100% battery life to 98 or 97% over night, this morning it was at around 90%) and the battery now takes hours to charge. I looked to see what was using up my battery and it's largely the display, which is using up 79% of my battery. I tries reducing the brightness to the point where I could barely see the screen anymore and cutting the screen timeout time to 15 seconds but to no avail. What is going on and is there any way I can improve my battery life?

In Spare Parts, check Usage Statistics. That will show you what has been running and for how long. Sounds more like a rogue app then your screen.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Read this :) hope it helps.. it helped me.

http://www.androidcentral.com/keeping-your-charge-how-improve-battery-life-your-android-phone

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site

I've tried all of that to no avail. I don't know if it's the ROM or what's going on but the display is eating my battery alive (it's at 77% right now) and nothing I did seems to have any effect. As great as CM7 is if I can't improve my battery life I'l have to switch to another ROM because this is just absurd. I've been charging my battery pretty much all day and It's now only ad 76%.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of that to no avail. I don't know if it's the ROM or what's going on but the display is eating my battery alive (it's at 77% right now) and nothing I did seems to have any effect. As great as CM7 is if I can't improve my battery life I'l have to switch to another ROM because this is just absurd. I've been charging my battery pretty much all day and It's now only ad 76%.
Mine is at 67% right now... Honestly, seeing as how you have come to the right place and tried alot of different methods, I think it is your actual background... is it very colorful? the darker colors, the better off battery will be.

Also, one last try... Check out page 13 of this thread and read all of the post's from halfway down the page. it is regarding battery stats.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante