[ROM][GINGERBREAD] CyanogenMOD 7 Nightly Builds.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Mine is at 67% right now... Honestly, seeing as how you have come to the right place and tried alot of different methods, I think it is your actual background... is it very colorful? the darker colors, the better off battery will be.

I'm using the default nexus live wallpaper that came installed with the ROM. Interestingly enough live wallpaper is only using 2% of my battery so I didn't think to change it, but maybe that really is the problem. I'll pick another wallpaper and see if that helps.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I've tried all of that to no avail. I don't know if it's the ROM or what's going on but the display is eating my battery alive (it's at 77% right now) and nothing I did seems to have any effect. As great as CM7 is if I can't improve my battery life I'l have to switch to another ROM because this is just absurd. I've been charging my battery pretty much all day and It's now only ad 76%.

What were the top apps in Spare Parts?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the default nexus live wallpaper that came installed with the ROM. Interestingly enough live wallpaper is only using 2% of my battery so I didn't think to change it, but maybe that really is the problem. I'll pick another wallpaper and see if that helps.
in my past experience... Live wallpapers will destroy battery! also did you check out pg 13 of this thread... let me know if any of this helps :) good luck

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
How exactly do I overclock and what exactly does it mean also is there anyway to revert back from flashing a kernel or should I just make a nandroid

Ok so I downloaded incredikernal. What exactly does smartass do and mean... and what are the downsides of setting the kernal at minimum ...will this help me watch TV episodes online better

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Also anything I can do to prevent overheating or damage and how do I test if my phone is running better beside noticing ...thanks for all the support

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
And on top of my battery problem I just checked into My Verizon again and even though I have CM7 set to never turn off wifi and I Completely disabled mobile networks it somehow still managed to use more of my monthly 3g allowance. Time to unroot and go back to stock, unfortunately.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
One more thing lol...anyway to watch southland from tnt.TV. I am getting laggy full episodes. I have been trying to do this with a phone for years...all I want it tnt to work

TreyDaPrince

Oct 28, 2009
Visit site
And on top of my battery problem I just checked into My Verizon again and even though I have CM7 set to never turn off wifi and I Completely disabled mobile networks it somehow still managed to use more of my monthly 3g allowance. Time to unroot and go back to stock, unfortunately.

That's odd because you can't use my Verizon over Wi-Fi.

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
you guys are funny...lol...can overclocking hurt the phone because I only had it overclocked for maybe five minutes but I am getting horrible screen response even after a nandroid restore

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
you guys are funny...lol...can overclocking hurt the phone because I only had it overclocked for maybe five minutes but I am getting horrible screen response even after a nandroid restore
YES... it can, and actually if you keep doing it prolly will... be careful. The CPU is not really meant to take alot of abuse for a long period of time.

Can I ask why you are trying to overclock... are you a gamer on your phone?
also, I watch tv (kind of) all the time on my phone, and I have it underclocked... I think it has to do with your 3g or wi-fi signal.

Last edited:

md17

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
YES... it can, and actually if you keep doing it prolly will... be careful. The CPU is not really meant to take alot of abuse for a long period of time.

Can I ask why you are trying to overclock... are you a gamer on your phone?
also, I watch tv (kind of) all the time on my phone, and I have it underclocked... I think it has to do with your 3g or wi-fi signal.

I was trying to watch tnt.tv...i restored to stock cm7 kernal. How do you watch tv on your phone?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Another Nightly out today, anyone noticed any differences? will any new nightlies after #8 even make a difference to the Incredible?

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im still on #11 .I didnt see anything different on #12( so havent flashed that one ) but its possible I missed it:-\

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site

Man, that sucks. I can understand it want to stick with stock, but another option could be to try cyanogenmod 6.1 . As a released version, it may be a better fit with your less common usage since they've had more time to iron out the kinks with wifi and such.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
nightly #11

I haven't noticed any major differences between #6 and #11... I Have noticed a difference in my overall phone performance!!! Since Flashing, I have not had any more freeze ups and lag. also, sometimes running at stock ROM, my phone would act like someone was pressing the screen (highlighting), that has stopped. I am overall happy with this Frankenstein version of gingerbread :) great work CM!!!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Another Nightly out today, anyone noticed any differences? will any new nightlies after #8 even make a difference to the Incredible?

#12 has some kernel changes and some Icon updates.

There will be more updates and changes that will be relevant to us. When they will come and what exactly they will be is a mystry. But, that in and of itself is part of the thrill of nightlies. Every day is like Christmas Eve! ;)