Wondering if anyone can help me out here,
    I am trying to flash Incredibly Re-Engineered 2.3.
    I have encountered a big issue.
    As usual flashed latest clockwork, booted in clockwork, wipe data, wipe cache partition, wipe dalvik cache, went to choose zip from sd card, nav to the zipped up rom.
    It started to install then stopped saying this,

amend scripting (update-script) is no longer supported.
    amend script was deprecated by google in android 1.5
    it was necessary to remove it when upgrading to the clockworkmod 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
    please switch to edify scripting (updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages.
    Installation aborted

What the hell is that and how do I fix this, I am now stuck in clockwork recovery.
    I have flashed tons of roms, and this has never happened, It must have something to do with the latest clockwork recovery update
    Thanks
    Ken
    02-12-2011 04:14 PM
    The new 3.x version of Clockwork uses a newer update-script. You can revert to a previous version of Clockwork until your ROM developer updates his ROM.
    02-12-2011 04:55 PM
    The new 3.x version of Clockwork uses a newer update-script. You can revert to a previous version of Clockwork until your ROM developer updates his ROM.
    How do I revert back, that is something I have not done

thanks
    Ken
    02-12-2011 04:56 PM
    You can use ROM Manager to do this. At the bottom of the app there is a section titled "All ClockworkMod Recoveries". Select one from the 2.x.x versions and you should be all set.
    02-12-2011 05:02 PM
    ROM manager has all the Clockwork versions in it - Verry bottom of the list.
    02-12-2011 05:03 PM
    Must be my turn to struggle tonight.
    went into rom mgr, all clockwork recoveries
    I have
    all but 2512 said error flashing, 2512 went through the flash process, rebooted on its own, I went back into rom mgr and looked at current recovery, still shows 3005
    what the hell,
    any other ideas are greatly appreciated
    Ken
    02-12-2011 05:23 PM
    In the ROM Manager Settings menu there is an Erase Recovery option - check that and re-flash the 2.5.1.4 recovery
    02-12-2011 05:29 PM
    In the ROM Manager Settings menu there is an Erase Recovery option - check that and re-flash the 2.5.1.4 recovery
    did what you said, no difference, same result, error flashing recovery

Grrrrrr

Ken
    02-12-2011 05:39 PM
    Try clearing data for ROM Manager from your application settings, and then repeating Pville's instructions.
    02-12-2011 05:41 PM
    Try clearing data for ROM Manager from your application settings, and then repeating Pville's instructions.

cleared rom mgr data, no difference, error flashing recovery
    fun fun fun
    what to try next?
    Ken
    02-12-2011 05:46 PM
    I am having the same problem. I updated to the new 3.x version of clockwork mod and flashed cyanogen nightly 33. When I tried to flash Incredibly Re-Engineered I got the same error as you. I tried to flash to the previous version of cwm in rom manager but it won't let me either.

Never mind, rom manager finally flashed back to v2.5.1.2. I don't know why, I didn't do anything different then the first few times I tried.
    02-12-2011 06:20 PM
    I was able to flash skyraider 3.5 last night, So I guess until Re-Engineered 2.3 is able to be flashed with clockwork recovery 3.0.0.5 i will have to stick with skyraider.
    02-13-2011 07:18 AM
    Hitch - Sorry I had house guests and didn't get back on line last night - I saw in the other thread that UpstreamMiami linked you to the older recovery - Did that work?
    02-13-2011 12:28 PM
    Hitch - Sorry I had house guests and didn't get back on line last night - I saw in the other thread that UpstreamMiami linked you to the older recovery - Did that work?
    No problem PvilleComp,
    I have not had the time today to mess with it. I flashed skyraider last night to get the phone up and running, working good.
    Im not sure if i will get the time tonight to try UpstreamMiami's link.
    If not I will give it a try when I get back from work sometime this week.

Thanks for checking In.
    Ken
    02-13-2011 02:54 PM
    old thread i know, sorry. im trying this as well and i cant go older than 3.0.0.5
    all i need to do is change it from the pop up menu at the bottom of the screen right?
    05-02-2011 12:00 PM
    old thread i know, sorry. im trying this as well and i cant go older than 3.0.0.5
    all i need to do is change it from the pop up menu at the bottom of the screen right?
    Use the 2.3 download link in this thread
    http://forum.androidcentral.com/incr...tml#post539685
    It works in Clockwork 3.x just fine
    05-02-2011 12:27 PM
    still does the same thing for me and i used the 2.3 link...did i still miss something?
    05-02-2011 05:24 PM
    still does the same thing for me and i used the 2.3 link...did i still miss something?
    Update Clockwork to 3.0.0.8 in ROM Manager, be sure to check Erase Recovery in menu -> Settings in ROM Manager before you upgrade.
    05-02-2011 05:35 PM
    ok heres what mine is saying
    amend scripting is no longer supported.
    amend scripting was deprecated by google in android 1.5
    it was necessary to removeit when upgrading to the clockwordmld 3.0 gingerbread based recovery.
    please switch to edify scripting(updater-script and update-binary) to create working update zip packages
    installation aborted

whats going on here?

EDIT: so if anyone else get this...i was using 2.3 not 2.3.1 which is when the clockword issue was fixed...lol. im ******ed.
    05-02-2011 06:11 PM
    Try downloading this file - it's a direct link to the proper Incredibly-Re-Engineered-v2.3-signed.zip file. Also - have you checked that your SD card is formated FAT32?

http://download1204.mediafire.com/l7...2.3-signed.zip
    05-02-2011 06:54 PM
    Try this: go to this thread

xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] Warm Z TwoPointTwo [RLS1] [2/23/2011] Re-Engineered Nightlies [4/23/11]

See where it says "attached file"...download that and place it on the root of the sd card. What this is going to do is give you Clockwork 2.5xx temporarily...as soon as you reboot out of CWM it will revert back to 3.008 or whatever your last updated version was.

So, you got CWM 2.5 on your root, AND the ROM you want to flash on the root, boot into CWM and flash the CWM 2.5xx via "install zip from SD". When its done you should go from CWM with orange typeface to CWM with the green typeface. Now, don't reboot yet. Do all three of your data wipes now. Then do the standard install from SD and flash the ROM you want...after it's done THEN reboot and let it load up, you should be good to go from there.

Remember, put BOTH the ROM and the CWM 2.5 on the root and don't let it reboot until after the ROM has flashed.
    05-02-2011 09:02 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD