Who is having problems with clockwork 3.0.0.5, flashing roms?

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I guess clockwork recovery 3.0.0.5 is not playing nice with some dev's roms.
I tried to flash Re-Engineered 2.3 last night, it was aborted, the rom was not compatible with clockwork 3.
I have also read some people are having issues with the cm series nightly roms and some others had no problems
I was able to flash skyraider.

I have tried EVERY way to flash back to 2.5.1.4, every time I try it says "error flashing"
I guess once you go to 3 you cant go back.

Who else is having issues? has anyone found a fix?
Ken

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
I just upgraded today so don't know. You can always downgrade

I tried Everything to downgrade back,
In rom mgr at the bottom "all clockwork recoveries" highlighted 2514, clicked ok, got message saying "flash error" so I tried older versions with the same flash error result.
Since I was able to flash back to skyraider rom I just went into rom mgr and checked my clockwork version and it is now 2514, it must be that skyraider has the older version within the rom.
SO now that im back on the older clockwork I am going to try and flash Re-Engineered 2.3 again.

As far as manually reverting back to an older clockwork, Nothing worked, once you have 3. I guess you are stuck with it unless you flash a rom with an older version Like I did/found by accident last night.

thanks
Ken

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The big thing in CW 3 is that the update scripts have been changed. Aparently Koush has been trying to get everyone to update their scripts for quite some time. CM7 put a bunch of new code in the the daily on either Thursday or Friday (#33) to support CW 3. The other roms will most likely have to update their scripts as well.

CHx2

Mar 5, 2010
Visit site
I had problems as well. But Rom manager did let me flash back to 2.5.1.2. I got the error with anything newer. So far haven't have any issues flashing any rom's with this version of clockworks.

A Lex and Er

May 16, 2010
Visit site
This has worked for me on multiple devices it may work for you too; from your pc download the version of ClockWork recovery you want / need (there was a link put up by Koush for the whole list of past recoveries but it seems to be down now, there are other places to acquire various versions though), place the recovery.zip on the root of your SDcard, boot into recovery, flash the ClockWork version of choice, now flash what every it is you were trying to flash or told to flash with that specific version of ClockWork. Once you reboot you will be back at the newest version of ClockWork you have installed. You may want to leave the Clockwork.zip on your SDcard as you will most likely need it again until scripting for many custom ROM's is updated. Other than this, try Amon_RA recovery, a lot of my friends think it wipes caches better, and again just flash back and forth as needed. Hope this helps some one else:D

Here is CWM version 2.5.0.5 for the time being maybe if we all ask Mr.Koush real nice he will put the past versions CWM recovery download list back up, until then this should help.

Last edited:

lstee04

May 18, 2012
Visit site
ok so I'm extremely new to this whole rom thing. I rooted my phone using htcdev and the first rom I downloaded was ICS , I was also instructed to download Rom Manager. Using Rom manager im unable to download any rom's and I cant flash any roms from rom manager.

After doing some reading it looks like I should have used AmonRa recovery instead of clockwork. Is there any advice any information someone could provide me with that will get things working smoothly for me? I just wanna be able to have a few cool roms on my phone and right now Im only able to have the ICS

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Which version of ClockworkMod did you install? The latest for the DInc is 5.0.2.0.

I would try flashing in Clockwork rather than using ROM Manager. ROM Manager has issues flashing ROM's on the DInc.