CM7 RC1 released

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Man o man and I just did a full wipe on #36. Now I gotta do it again! ;)

Edit - Just checked ROM Manager - not there yet, gotta download from the link.

Edit of the Edit - Oooooo I should have read the link first - no need for a full wipe if you're upgrading from nightlies! ;)

Instructions:

First time flashing CyanogenMod 7 to the HTC Incredible, or coming from another ROM?

1.Root the device and install ClockworkMod Recovery. Instructions are available here.

2.Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.

3.Format the system, data & cache partitions of your device.

4.Perform a factory reset.

5.Flash CyanogenMod.

6.Optional: Install the Google Apps addon package.

Upgrading from earlier version of CyanogenMod 7?

1.Perform a NANDroid backup of your current ROM.

2.Flash CyanogenMod (your Google Apps will be backed up & restored automatically).

Last edited:
Reactions: Majic_One

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Be prepaired for a slow download !! I almost done 60% dl now.

I will unblock the links once I am done haha :p just kidding

Reactions: Majic_One

glacierfanclub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
I'm switching from 6 to 7, and it is force closing after I flash. It will load the cyanogen 7 screen, but when I get to the welcome screen with the hand scrolling over the android, it force closes. From there everything works except for pushing it to begin.

Anyone else having this problem?

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read over at XDA, it looks like it has to be flashed OVER a previous nightly. All the guys over there who have done full wipes have gotten stuck at the "Touch the Android to continue" screen on first boot.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
From what I've read over at XDA, it looks like it has to be flashed OVER a previous nightly. All the guys over there who have done full wipes have gotten stuck at the "Touch the Android to continue" screen on first boot.
yup i flashed over the nightly no full wipe all good

sent using TaPaTaLk

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
yup i just flashed and got stuck on the welcome screen managed to bypass it but had no data and network settings fc... so much for rc1 lmao ... back to my beautiful rom

glacierfanclub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
Going to install the nightly above then try to install the release candidate.

Quick question- so you say don't wipe- just install over? I should install the nightly, than go into clockwork and install the RC1 over it?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you install #38 + GAPPS (If you have not installed GAPPS already) and then download RC1, wipe cache and dalvik, then install RC1 it should work fine.

Slayher and some other devs have reported that they are already working on an RC1 fix for the problem. Apparently, some of the build files were not correct for the DInc. RC's are compiled by hand, not by bot. Oops - I'll post back when I see that the new RC is up.

Reactions: glacierfanclub

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Going to install the nightly above then try to install the release candidate.

Quick question- so you say don't wipe- just install over? I should install the nightly, than go into clockwork and install the RC1 over it?

If you really want to run the RC, yes. But I'd say build 38 is the better of two. Considering it works after a full wipe :D

Reactions: glacierfanclub

TheBlueCrayon

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone know if USB mounting works in more recent builds? I was running nightly #29 and it would freeze my phone every time I tried to mount it as an external drive. I booted into recovery and loaded the RC1 zip there and then flashed it over #29 (no wipe, as instructed). I am sort of new to this stuff, but my understanding is that RC1 is just a nightly that was deemed stable enough to be the first beta release. So if my thinking is correct, it should just patch everything and bring me up to par with the current release, right? I tried USB mounting after flashing RC1 and it still froze my phone. Is this an isolated incident or still a broken feature in the ROM?

glacierfanclub

May 19, 2010
Visit site
are you reducing the cpu cycles of your phone? I think that is what does it. I had my phone set to 600 cycles when it was plugged in for instance, and that was too few. Once I corrected that problem it worked as a hard drive just fine.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae