Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Go to this link

Inc. Recoveries | doug piston

Download the 2.1.5.2 CWM

Rename it to PB31IMG.zip

Place it on the root of your SD Card

Boot into HBOOT by holding down Down Volume key and the power button

HBOOT should find the file and prompt you to flash it.

Reboot and you should then be able to reboot into the 2.x recovery.

Double check that your SD Card is FAT32.

Good Luck!

UPDATE: You should remove the PB31IMG.zip from the root of the SD card after flashing the recovery so HBOOT does not get confused in the future.

Last edited:
Reactions: md17

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
To add to the previous post..... if you leave a PB13IMG file on the card without renaming it everytime you go into hboot it will want to load that cause it looks for that file. Next time you load hboot look in the middle left side it says looking for file PB13IMG no update found its real quick so pay attention.

This happened to me and I got confused and was always doing the same step cause like pville said when your done remove it or you can leave it there and rename it and then it won't load up cause the file name.is wrong

Sent from my HTC Incredible using Tapatalk

Reactions: md17

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You put it on the root of the SD card?

Is it named PB31IMG.zip and not .zip.zip? That sometimes happens if you have known file extensions turned off in Windows.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
And you are definately getting to the white HBOOT screen with the dancing Androids on the bottom?

Sorry, just trying to eliminate the obvious.

Stookesd

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
You are fine, I'm super new to this! Anyways yes I am definitely in hboot, when it look for the file in the quick screen it does, mine says the PB31IMG.zip not found..

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
ok - In astro, when you click the Up directory Icon all the way until it says

acct
app-cache
cache

Scroll until you see sdcard

Select sdcard

you should see the PM31IMG.zip file there.

If it's not there then copy it there and try again.

EDIT/UPDATE: If that does not work. Connect your phone to your computer as a hard drive, and check that the SD Card drive is FAT32. (R click -> Properties on the SD card drive) If it is not formated FAT32, then copy everything off the SD card, reformat the SD card in FAT 32, copy everything back and try again through HBOOT.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stookesd

Stookesd

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
Thanks Pville,

I actually had to pull everything off my sd card and reformat. Once I put everything back on, i rebooted into Hboot, updated the files and restarted it. I immediately changed the name of the file so that it didn't come up again and want to install.

Thanks again guys!

ccskimmer04

Apr 19, 2010
Visit site
so I put the sd cards into a different phone and formated them and put PB31IMG.zip on 3 different cards. (the sd cards were damanged)

Now when i boot the phone it sees the file says checking pb31img.zip but then does nothing. Am I missing something?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lindagibney