ROM's and Mods HQ2

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
So for those out there brave enough to try some of these ICS ROM's that are out there. Which seems to be the best one out there. I have tried AOKP so far and it was good, BUT the gallery isn't really working, and I was unable to use the bar code scanners or video. Does anyone know of something better? I am installing Evervolv's 2.2 Alpha at the moment so I will report back on that one after a day or so running.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
You flash a kernel like you flash a ROM. Use Clockwork Recovery and wipe cache and dalvik cache before flashing the new kernel - there are a list of kernels in the ROM's and Mod's HQ2 thread.

Always remember - nandroid early and often!

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Stig, have you seen that Evervolv has released an ICS ROM for the Incredible? I also found and started running yesterday a "pre-Alpha" of CM9 that seems to be stable enough for a daily also. The biggest thing that I find in the CM9 version is that the bar code reader app doesn't work, but it did seem to work in the Evervolv version.

Reactions: PvilleComp

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Oops - Famm Damily got in the way over the weekend. Sorry. Don't they know that a Flasher's gotta Flash!

I'll definitely check them out this week.

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
So I have been on CM7 nightly (20120226) and have the incredikernel (2.6.38.8) and today the phone completly reset itself and went back to the initial setup for CM7. I was able to nanadroid from the 24th which I had made since it did the same thing to me then.

Any suggestions? I like CM7, but I may switch because of this

fyrfytr24

Oct 24, 2011
Visit site
Nothing that wasnt on thre before. Still trying to get that Boot Manager to work, so I have been moving stuff around to try and make it work

PolynesianMedic

Jul 4, 2010
Visit site
Running CM9 Per-Alpha 9 from Drk Crystal I believe it is. I found it in ROM Manager's list of available ROMs. Loving it. So far this has been the best ICS ROM I have run so far. It is a little laggy at times, but nothing regular. Gallery and camera works, as well as the Bar code scanners.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781