ROM's and Mods HQ2

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
While in the the wallpapers, ringtones and themes section of AC, I found this nifty boot animation by danmcq.

Comp-4_000018.png

Link

Last edited:

drahcir0789

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Does anyone have a link to a review for roms like ultimate droid, frankenrom and shadowrom. Thanks in advance. Just rooted my DInc because I got scared the 1st time. Had the battery taking forever to charge problem but rooted again and liking it so far. Just testing out different roms to see which I like.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I must say, the warm z rom is really freaking sweet right now! 4 me it is a toss up cyanogenmod 7 or warm z? I'm just really liking the new sense 2.2

-Via Tapatalk on my hINCm7

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
PVILLE.... I need your help about warm z (im sure this applies to any ROM though), and for some reason, It takes forever to get an answer back from them.

I have a question... if you can...

1. I want to get rid of a few of the built in "apps" that came stock with this awesome WarmZ ROM (I don't use or want them)
2. I want to get rid of Friendstream, PeeP, Stocks, and Twitter for sense and facebook for sense. Is this possible using a root explorer type app? and If so, what directory would I need to find these in so I can permantentely get rid of them... all they are is Bloatware to me :)

BUT...I was a CM7 dieHard for a while until today... I really Really REally like the new sense 2.2 ALOT. honestly... If CM7 had the Camera Capabilites, It would be perfect... But now that I know how to easily go back and forth between ROMS (with Titanium). Ill be switching here and there... anyway back to my question :)

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
PVILLE.... I need your help about warm z (im sure this applies to any ROM though), and for some reason, It takes forever to get an answer back from them.

I have a question... if you can...

1. I want to get rid of a few of the built in "apps" that came stock with this awesome WarmZ ROM (I don't use or want them)
2. I want to get rid of Friendstream, PeeP, Stocks, and Twitter for sense and facebook for sense. Is this possible using a root explorer type app? and If so, what directory would I need to find these in so I can permantentely get rid of them... all they are is Bloatware to me :)

BUT...I was a CM7 dieHard for a while until today... I really Really REally like the new sense 2.2 ALOT. honestly... If CM7 had the Camera Capabilites, It would be perfect... But now that I know how to easily go back and forth between ROMS (with Titanium). Ill be switching here and there... anyway back to my question :)

Even though it's not directed at me, I'll answer ;). You can use titanium backup to uninstall apps, too. Go to the backup restore menu, select the app you want to uninstall, and hit the uninstall button. This'll get rid of the app, but use this with caution. It will remove anything, regardless of whether it's needed for system stability.

Reactions: ssethv

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Even though it's not directed at me, I'll answer ;). You can use titanium backup to uninstall apps, too. Go to the backup restore menu, select the app you want to uninstall, and hit the uninstall button. This'll get rid of the app, but use this with caution. It will remove anything, regardless of whether it's needed for system stability.

Of the 4 apps that I listed, p ville do you think I will be okay if I get rid of them permanently

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Of the 4 apps that I listed, p ville do you think I will be okay if I get rid of them permanently

I'd leave Friendstream in place, for some reason it's tied into more then it should be and causes issues if it's removed. At least it did in old sense so I assume it's the same in new sense.

Warm Z is next on my radar to try out. I've been playing with MIUI Gingerbread. It's a completely different android experience. ;)

@rpz3.14 Thanks for the assist! ;) Sucks when you have to take the Family out to dinner occasionally... Who am I kidding.. I wanted those Red Hot & Blue Ribs worse than anyone!

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'd leave Friendstream in place, for some reason it's tied into more then it should be and causes issues if it's removed. At least it did in old sense so I assume it's the same in new sense.

Warm Z is next on my radar to try out. I've been playing with MIUI Gingerbread. It's a completely different android experience. ;)

@rpz3.14 Thanks for the assist! ;) Sucks when you have to take the Family out to dinner occasionally... Who am I kidding.. I wanted those Red Hot & Blue Ribs worse than anyone!
Thanks for the assist... Too late though ;) i destroyed facebook and friendstream for sense. phone seems to be running fine and a little faster too :). oh well, If I have any problems I will just rewipe and reflash. also, I cant seem to get rid of a splash screen that I have been stuck with for a while.. I have tried everything that I know of. I want to use a different one but cant for some reason, even when I was running CM i couldn't... FYI, i never had trouble changing splashes easily all the time, then one day I just couldn't anymore. I even deleted the old zip file too. any ideas?

and thank you both for the help - rpz and pville

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
P ville or somebody who knows more than I do is desperately needed in the warm z rom thread. Please just go there read the last few pages and you'll know what I'm talking about ;)

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
alright i just flashed the cyanogen 6.1 rom for my friend and when we click on the market it comes up and shuts down right away. anything we can do to solve this?? please help

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Download the GAPPS (Google Apps) in the Mods section of the OP's and re-flash them. No need to wipe anything, just download them and flash in recovery. The ones in 6.1 are most likely too old. Reflashing the current GAPPS should fix the problem.

pikanate

Feb 25, 2011
Visit site
Download the GAPPS (Google Apps) in the Mods section of the OP's and re-flash them. No need to wipe anything, just download them and flash in recovery. The ones in 6.1 are most likely too old. Reflashing the current GAPPS should fix the problem.

so flashing this will make the market work again ?

Latest posts

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante