Wifi Tether Issues

chrismartel0817

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys,

I am having some trouble with wifi tether on my rooted droid incredible. I was running cm7 and now am using the new version of re-engineered and have problems with wifi tether and barnacle on both. The issues are very slow speeds, and hanging to the point where i need to keep refreshing the web page to get it to finally load.

Has anyone had similar issues or have any tips for me?

Upstreammiami

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
this is just slow speed internet nothing else .. make sure ur not running any other programs on ur pc or phone that uses the internet

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Is there anything I can do on my phone to optimize this?

I am even noticing very slow speeds and a poor connection when tethering with galaxy tab.

Are you using the Kernels that came with the ROM's or are you flashing an alternate Kernel?

Some folks have been having tether issues with some of the alternates.

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
I have done both using Miui with the stock Miui and invisible k #28 kernels, now um running incredibly re-engineerd with the kernel it came with and I have the same deal tried 2.0.6 and 2.0.7 of WT and same problems

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I just ran about a dozen speed tests using the built in CM7 tether and get speeds between 1.3 and 1.7m down and 500k up.

Tried with Wireless Tether and for some reason could not get an IP. Wierd - I've used Wireless Tether before on CM7, but not recently. I'll play with Wireless Tether some more later and see if I can get some speed tests in.

jr369

Aug 17, 2010
Visit site
What has been happening to me is wireless tether doesn't find an up address all of a sudden. But if you turn off tethering and back on and then refresh the wireless network search on the computer it will then work after a second try. Yet that but do it in that order

Sent from my Droid Incredible using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DragnDon