Flashing the radio

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
So I've been reading about flashing the radio for custom rom's in order to get better battery life. So I started thinking about flashing the radio using the stock 2.2 just to see what happens. If nothing else, I could flash back to stock 07.28. So on Friday I decided to flash the radio to 11.19. on 2.2 Froyo. Today I noticed that over 8 hours of "regular" use (email, Facebook, Twitter, phone calls, taking about 20 pictures), I'm at 79% battery. Before I would be around 40-50% battery.

Just wanted to share.

257364682.png

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Here's the procedure I used (scroll down to Flashing Radio), and I got the download from this site (2.15.00.11.19).

It goes without saying to do a nandroid backup just in case.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I also tried this after getting my new 1800mah battery:

Taken Off Of the XDA Forums,

1.) With the phone ON, charge till the reported battery status is full/green LED.

2.) Turn Phone OFF and then charge until LED turns green again.

3.) Boot to recovery mode and go to console (or adb shell) and type:

mount -a
rm /data/system/batterystats.bin

You can also remove this file with the "Root Explorer" app from the market.

4.) Once the file is removed, Power the phone off once more and charge it till the LED is green, then turn it back on. Once at the homescreen, unplug it from the charger and then use it until the battery dies completely. (phone will shut itself off)

5.) Charge it fully again.

After this, you should notice you now have better battery life.

I did this yesterday and charged the phone overnight. I unplugged it this morning before I left for work. On the way I send/received about a dozen emails (Gmail and Exchange), some text messages, two phone calls and checked the weather. When I got to work I was something I thought I would never see on my phone:

Unplugged for over 2 hours and still sitting at 100%
258165075.png

Just thought I'd share.

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Please everyone be very careful about what your current radio version is before flashing a new one! Some people have reported in the past that flashing the same radio over itself will turn your wonderful little Droid Incredible into a nice shiny paperweight. I can't confirm or deny this fact, as I have never tried it. Just a disclaimer.

There is also an option to wipe battery stats under the advanced tab of ClockworkMOD recovery that does the same thing as the steps above. I haven't done it since I got my HTC 1500 battery, so maybe I'll give it a shot again one of these days...

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc