ROM's effin up for me?

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
I have root. I am new to flashing ROM's, but know much about it.

I am using ROM Manager. I made backups and know how to restore from recovery and all that - I've had to do it a handful of times.

I have tried three different ROM's. Cyanogen hangs on the splash screen, no idea why but I noticed other people had problems with that online, so I sort of skipped over that one for now.

The other two ROM's I flash seem to work, they reboot, then I start my phone again and everything looks the same. Same background, I have HTC Sense UI (not supposed to), and all of my icons... EXCEPT.... the icons are all dead links. It's basically like my storage is wiped with all of the apps and saved settings like email accounts...but all of the customization is there.

ANY clue what I am doing wrong?!?!

I get this for Uncommon sense and Incredibly re-engineered.

This is KILLING me :-\

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
First, which Clockwork are you using? If it’s 3.0.0.5, try downgrading to 2.x with the instructions here...

http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc.../64287-how-downgrade-cwm-not-rom-manager.html

If you are using 3.0.0.8 then you are OK.

Then, go into recovery, wipe data, cache and dalvik and re-flash your desired ROM.

This should fix it.

CWM 3.0.0.5 and 3.0.0.6 had some issues with wiping the partitions.

Once you're back up and running, (assuming you had to downgrade CWM) then you can upgrade to 3.0.0.8 in ROM Manager by going into menu -> settings and selecting "Erase Recovery," then look in All ClockworkMod Recoveries and select 3.0.0.8

Reactions: BriMcFly88

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
You ARE doing a full wipe before flashing any of these ROMs right? That, and both Uncommon Sense and Re-Engineered both retain the Sense UI so...

BriMcFly88

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Much appreciated, you are good. I downgraded CWM, then upgraded it to .08, and was able to flash my first ROM. Good looking out dude!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante