Unrooting help.

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Alright guys i just tried searching this forum for unrooting methods and i couldn't find any instructional threads.

I am on CM7 RC4, CWM 3.0.0.8, 2.15.00.11.19 radio and S is off. I also have a custom splash screen for the "HTC Incredible" for the initial boot. Can someone PLEASE explain to me how I can revert this phone back to fully stock? I am trading it today around 1PM for a Tbolt. Thanks guys, I appreciate it.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the instructions in this thread
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...w-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

Then you will see 2 methods for unroot.
First you need to turn S-ON for either method.

The RUU exe install requires a PC. There is no Mac version.

The PB31IMG.zip method does not require a PC, just download it to your phone, make sure the file is named PB31IMG.zip and flash it in HBOOT.

Your SD Card MUST be FAT-32 format for this to work.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
If you are using the instructions in this thread
http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc...w-root-un-root-rom-your-droid-incredible.html

Then you will see 2 methods for unroot.
First you need to turn S-ON for either method.

The RUU exe install requires a PC. There is no Mac version.

The PB31IMG.zip method does not require a PC, just download it to your phone, make sure the file is named PB31IMG.zip and flash it in HBOOT.

Your SD Card MUST be FAT-32 format for this to work.

Hope this helps.

I've done two this week for friends who were trading in their Inc's for TBolts and it works great. I personally am keeping my Inc with Cyanogen 7 and 11.19 radio.

IanAck123

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
i got it, thanks guys. the guy ended up flaking last minute -__-. i unrooted for no reason. oh well, CM7 stable is coming out in a few days so i guess ill wait for that so i can have a freshly rooted phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay