Hey guys, I'm not sure what's wrong. The Unrevoked program seemed to work fine, as did the s-off (when I go into recovery it says s-off), but I can't get root access to any of my programs! Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?
    04-19-2011 10:02 AM
    Hey guys, I'm not sure what's wrong. The Unrevoked program seemed to work fine, as did the s-off (when I go into recovery it says s-off), but I can't get root access to any of my programs! Does anyone have any idea what's wrong?
    Do you have the superuser app installed (by ChainsDD)? If not, install that (the free version works fine). This will allow you to manage the app permissions for root access.
    04-19-2011 10:17 AM
    Do you have the superuser app installed (by ChainsDD)? If not, install that (the free version works fine). This will allow you to manage the app permissions for root access.
    I do, but still, no luck. When I open the app, there's nothing in it...just blank. When I try to access an app requiring a rooted phone, I get nothing. It's shockingly frustrating!
    04-19-2011 01:36 PM
    Then you don't have root, you only S-off'd the phone. Redo your root process.
    04-19-2011 01:50 PM
    Then you don't have root, you only S-off'd the phone. Redo your root process.
    i have had the same problem for a while now and i cannot seem to get thru it. how can we redo the root process of we cannot root in the first place? I cannot get visionary to run, nor can i get titanium to run. i installed busybox to no avail. i have superuser but it shows up blank. i keep hitting walls. any specific help you can offer up? thanks
    04-19-2011 11:40 PM
    A simple and easy fix would be to make sure you at least have ClockWork recovery, if you do I would simply just flash a rom. They all have root built in. Seems your missing the su in /system/xbin all roms will have this included.
    04-19-2011 11:48 PM
    A simple and easy fix would be to make sure you at least have ClockWork recovery, if you do I would simply just flash a rom. They all have root built in. Seems your missing the su in /system/xbin all roms will have this included.
    How, though? Especially if we can't root. I'm a little confused. Thanks!
    04-20-2011 09:43 AM
    Try booting into recovery. If you see the stock recovery, run Unrevoked again. If you see ClockworkMod recovery, try flashing a ROM.
    04-20-2011 11:17 AM
    How, though? Especially if we can't root. I'm a little confused. Thanks!
    EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!

i dont see anytihng in the boot loader that anything to do with anything that was not preinstalled
    04-20-2011 12:46 PM
    Your bootloader will not change. Your recovery, however, will. As long as Unrevoked did it's thing. Like I said above. Boot into recovery, if it is stock recovery, run Unrevoked again. If you see ClockworkMod recovery, go ahead and flash a ROM.
    04-20-2011 01:04 PM
    Your bootloader will not change. Your recovery, however, will. As long as Unrevoked did it's thing. Like I said above. Boot into recovery, if it is stock recovery, run Unrevoked again. If you see ClockworkMod recovery, go ahead and flash a ROM.
    where will i see unrevoked? is that an app? will it appear in the bootloader?
    04-20-2011 01:06 PM
    I just said your bootloader will not change. I think you need to do a bit more reading before you try rooting.

Unrevoked is the program you use on your computer to root your device. If you are unaware of even that basic root knowledge, I really do not think you are ready to root. Have you even looked at this thread? http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ncredible.html
    04-20-2011 02:18 PM
    I just said your bootloader will not change. I think you need to do a bit more reading before you try rooting.

Unrevoked is the program you use on your computer to root your device. If you are unaware of even that basic root knowledge, I really do not think you are ready to root. Have you even looked at this thread? http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-...ncredible.html
    +1

But in your bootloader you will see the option to boot into recovery, select it and relay what you see. If a big triangle rerun unrevoked, if green text flash an older style rom.
    04-20-2011 09:40 PM

okay 3 things....

1- thank you for the reply

2- Im willing to admit when I am wrong.... therefore I made the mistake in not telling you that Im on a mytouch 4g

3- i know how to root, and i am not a noob, however I am not a developer nor a programmer. I do a lot of reading and I am very familiar with this process overall it's just that i am new to the droid world and I like many, need just a little hand holding rather than snarky remarks. maybe you can point me to a mytouch 4g link that might answer my question? or would the link you provided help me in my case as well?
    04-20-2011 10:39 PM
    okay 3 things....

2- Im willing to admit when I am wrong.... therefore I made the mistake in not telling you that Im on a mytouch 4g

3- i know how to root, and i am not a noob, however I am not a developer nor a programmer. I do a lot of reading and I am very familiar with this process overall it's just that i am new to the droid world and I like many, need just a little hand holding rather than snarky remarks. maybe you can point me to a mytouch 4g link that might answer my question? or would the link you provided help me in my case as well?
    Do you not know how to navigate a forum? Why are you in the Incredible forums asking questions? There is an entire seperate forum dedicated to the MT4G. Obviously you do not know how to root, otherwise you wouldn't be here asking questions. Please go post in the proper forums instead of cluttering ours.
    04-21-2011 12:02 AM
    Do you not know how to navigate a forum? Why are you in the Incredible forums asking questions? There is an entire seperate forum dedicated to the MT4G. Obviously you do not know how to root, otherwise you wouldn't be here asking questions. Please go post in the proper forums instead of cluttering ours.
    wow you're a **** thanks for that
    04-21-2011 01:48 AM
    okay 3 things....

Frankly, it's beyond me why you're asking questions about rooting a mytouch 4G in the Incredible forum (and knowing which device you're trying to root could have saved everyone here, including yourself, a bit of trouble). The process is different, and we won't necessarily know how to root a MT4G. Go ask on the MT4G board.
    04-21-2011 09:55 AM
    wow you're a **** thanks for that
    Because I told you to follow forum rules? What if I had a little tag next to my name that said "Moderator"? Would I still be a ****, or would you have apologized and scurried off to your proper forums? You need to think a bit more before making posts.
    04-21-2011 10:06 AM
    +1

But in your bootloader you will see the option to boot into recovery, select it and relay what you see. If a big triangle rerun unrevoked, if green text flash an older style rom.
    I got the triangle. I tried to re-run Unrevoked, and now I'm getting some message about Zsploit... not working and having to force close. And yes, I followed the instructions exactly in the thread. I'm lost! Oh, and of course...mine IS for an Incredible.
    04-22-2011 09:26 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD