Best ROM and Kernel combo for battery life?

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Don't know if it's the best but it's very good: cm7 with the latest incredikernel (see cm7 nightlies thread in the op for links)

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Everybody will tell you differently for the most part. The only way to say what combo works best for you is to try a few, if not all, of the different options out there, and see yourself! Have fun flashing.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I have tried quite a few... IMO i would have to say that CM7 stable or nightlies w/ incredikernels (any of them from .3 and up). It is a basic 2.3.3 gingerbread ROM with ADW launcher and some extras thrown in for his/her pleasure ;) for some reason, of all the ROM's and MOD's I try. I keep coming back to it.

BUT... I completely agree with crondable. Also, you need to see PVilleComps sticky thread on ROM's and MOD's for all of your possible Dinc choices... He is pretty good about keeping it updated with the most current info.

technomom

May 16, 2010
Visit site
For my Dinc1, my battery life with Cyanogen is better and much more predictable. I can easily go well into a second say with heavy use worth my Seidio 3500 battery.

I've noticed that my handset does not heat up the way it used to with the same kind out usage on the stock Rom.

06cbrf4i

Sep 10, 2010
Visit site
CM7 with the latest incredikernel was my go to setup for a while, until I tried MIUI 1.4.22 with incredikernel. So far I am getting slightly better battery life with MIUI and love it. I don't think I will be switching roms for a while now.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So, after being a part of CM7 for along time and loving it... I finally found a ROM that combines alittle bit of sense and CM7 together... its called SKYRAIDER 4.0... and the battery life is AMAZING. i am using the stock kernel that comes baked into it and am set up the same as I was on CM7 (like syncing and stuff like that)... I can go a whole day on 1 charge now... I didn't think I could be pulled away from CM, but alas, I have been.....

Final analysis: SkyRaider is the best I have found for function and battery life... here is a link to the AC post. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/78930-skyraider-4-0-available-now.html

318sugarhill

Jun 9, 2010
Visit site
So, after being a part of CM7 for along time and loving it... I finally found a ROM that combines alittle bit of sense and CM7 together... its called SKYRAIDER 4.0... and the battery life is AMAZING. i am using the stock kernel that comes baked into it and am set up the same as I was on CM7 (like syncing and stuff like that)... I can go a whole day on 1 charge now... I didn't think I could be pulled away from CM, but alas, I have been.....

Final analysis: SkyRaider is the best I have found for function and battery life... here is a link to the AC post. http://forum.androidcentral.com/htc-droid-incredible-rooting-roms-hacks/78930-skyraider-4-0-available-now.html

I'm not the biggest CM7 fan (except for my nook color with Phiremod :p ) but this build of SkyRaider is outstanding. (I didn't use Skyraider previously as Virtuous was for me) The battery life is Phenomenal so far. I too am using the stock Kernel. WIll have to update my signature soon. I am looking for a Kernel to go with 4.0, but haven't gotten any recommendations yet. Stock is working just fine so far, but we are always looking for bigger and better :), but battery life so far is great. I need a full week of work in my crappy reception building to truly put it too the test, but so far the last 2 days have been very good compared to any other Rom I have used.

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site

And I can personally vouch for ssethv. He raved about Skyraider on his Inc for a LONG time, up until he got his TBolt. Although I love CM7, I'm looking at trying Skyraider.

RIMMAN

Jun 15, 2010
Visit site
I thought the battery life on SR4 was great, stock with no add on kernels.

I will vouch for that. I am running the newest Skyraider 4.2 stock with stock battery and I have no issues with it lasting me all day with several things going on (web browsing, streaming music, games, txt, email etc....) I love this ROM.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith