Clockwork won't find .zip files.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
So even though I'm happy with my current ROM (Senseless rEVOlution) I wanted to go back to Skyraider Athena. So I made a nandroid backup of my current ROM, wiped everything as usual, and then went to flash Athena which I had placed on the root of my SD card as usual only to find that my .zip files (Athena and Ziggy's kernel) weren't showing up. I have the Unrevoked S-ON zip file on there as well, which wasn't showing up either. I restored my nandroid which put me in an infinite boot loop at first but a battery pull and reboot fixed that problem and my phone is operational once again. Does anyone know what is going on here? Do I have to reformat my SD card, or have I done something bad to my phone?

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you made a nandroid of Athena, it will be in /clockworkmod/backup/date-timestamp of your backup.zip on your SD card.

If you choose, choose a zip in clockwork and navigate to that location then you should see it.

If you downloaded the athena zip from your phone through the browser it will be in /download on your SD-card

If you downloaded through ROM Manager then it will be in /clockworkmod/download/whatever Ihtfp69's directory is/...

It's there somewhere unless your card has gone bad.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
If you made a nandroid of Athena, it will be in /clockworkmod/backup/date-timestamp of your backup.zip on your SD card.

If you choose, choose a zip in clockwork and navigate to that location then you should see it.

If you downloaded the athena zip from your phone through the browser it will be in /download on your SD-card

If you downloaded through ROM Manager then it will be in /clockworkmod/download/whatever Ihtfp69's directory is/...

It's there somewhere unless your card has gone bad.

Thanks, Pville. I put Athena on the root of my SD card as I always do so I should show up there, but it isn't. The other zip files I have there, Ziggy's kernel and Unrevoked S-on, aren't showing up either so my card has probable gone bad (my computer still recognizes the card, if that means anything). So if it has gone bad is there anything I can do about it?

Last edited:

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you can see it on your computer - copy everything off to your computer, reformat your card to FAT32 and then copy everything back. Could just be a glitch.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Thanks again Pville. I reformatted the card and that didn't help. The strange thing is that if I move the zip files into the downloads folder Clockwork will recognize them but if they are on the root of the card they don't show up.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Funny - I just checked and mine does not either. Guess I never noticed since the only zip's I've put on root to flash are PB31IMG's

Well then the answer is simple - put them in a directory! ;)

Reactions: Dark Wizard Matoya

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I figured out the "problem" on mine. It was a standard ID10T error. All I had to do is scroll DOWN! <<facepalm>>

LOL same here. I just wasn't scrolling down far enough. :-[*facepalm* And here I've already ordered a new SD card from Amazon...

Oh well. My new 8 GB card is going to be a big step up from my current 2 GB card, so call it a happy accident.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463