Skyraider 4.0 Available Now

cvo515

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
Its amazing. 0 problems so far. Rom flies and has a ton of options to mod built in. Its a blend of cm7 and sense 2.0....but its not a z rom. Shouldn't have any problems. I do manual installs and never have.

Reactions: davidnc

ngc457

Mar 12, 2011
Visit site
I am running it without any issue. It is a combo of cyanogenmod 7 and sense. TV out, 780p video and full camera as you would get from sense plus some cyanogenmod enhancements. It is stable but com.htc.bpg force close message from time to time. Most stable rom I have run so far.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Flashed it last night after CM 7 #55 had nothing special.... I must say, I like this ROM, its exactly what it says it is... a nice mix of Sense and CM :) I am going to try it out for a few days.... Also, its nice to have the sense camera options back.

I only have 2 complaints... But let me start by saying it is nice to have sense back, but with sense comes my first gripe... WHY must sense force a user to have 7 screens. personally I only need 3 at most. next gripe... It is freakin awesome to have the dropdown notification bar with the CM7 toggles baked in. BUT we can only select 6 at the most, I would like to use more so that way i don't need to use BW toggles or DL any other type of toggle widgets to compensate for this... Anyway, so far these are the only two main things I have found to bug me, no pun intended. other than that, this is a great hybrid ROM.

Last edited:

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
SkyRaider4.0splash

Here is a splash Screen for this rom If anyone wants it... I take no credit for it, all I did was change the version number :) baddabing baddaboom!!!

snap20110424_100212.png

Dont forget to rename the zip to PB31IMG and place on root of your sd :)

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Im trying this out too for a few days .So far so good using ziggys kernel set to smart ass mode(998400 max,128000 min),had to download the setcpu from market with cm7 been awhile since I used that.
Im usng this "Ztest-INC-BFS-041011 (122)" kernel in the list of ziggy's from his site here.This is the first time I used the particular kernel but have used his in the past. :)
Ziggy471.com ? Life's too short, have fun while you can.

Hitch_Itch

Jun 20, 2010
Visit site
Im running it, It seems really good. Everything works, good bat life, no issues.
NGC, the fc on the com.htc.bpg issue, supposedly if you freeze or uninstall weather apk, it will cause that, usually only once per reboot.
ACD is making mods for it as fast as he can search xda for skyraider 4.0 themes by ACD.
Ken

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
I loaded it also. Seems nice and smooth. I like the customizable notification widgets. I'm still testing battery life. I hate that you can't read music from internal memory. I wish htc would fix this. Does this work in the Thunderbolt? Anyone know?

menschmaschine5

Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Good timing... CM 7 just started really freaking out on me (absolutely everything is force closing all of a sudden). Guess it's time to flash a new ROM...

ballbusta

Aug 8, 2010
Visit site
Downloaded a few hours ago . Installed heylou kernal #8 . I was thinking about installing cm7 but I like sense ui so I figured I would give this a try it feels fast and smooth plus I like the customization features

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Day two of this ROM and I am impressed by the battery life so far... I have NOT flashed any special kernels either.... I unplugged my phone at 8 am this morning, it is almost 4pm right now and I am still at 75 percent.

Other than the stock peep and friendstream (which I removed with titanium) I am really liking this ROM and have not yet found the need to use my ADW EX. so far, so good ;)

fillossofer

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Spent the weekend with SR 4.0 and I'm really happy to be back on Sense after several months on CM. I love the diaper and FB integration. I've had only one issue so far, the keyboard lagging on one message, but that could be SwiftKey. Battery life definitely better than CM7. Still playing with the customizations but so far I like what I'm finding. I may just keep this until my next device upgrade.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
I love the diaper

Must have missed that mod!! LOL. Guessing you meant dialer. I missed it too from using CM7.

After a full day's use I'm really liking this Sense based ROM. I didn't think I would leave CM7, and I still will probably go back, but right now This seems like just about the perfect mixture of the two. I really like the latest apps option on the pull down notifications, but I agree with ssethv, only 6 power notification toggles? Whats that all about? Not that big a deal but its puzzling. I also really love the speed and smoothness of this ROM and also am having some really good battery life as well. Love the lock screen options...I had really gotten used to the CM7 vanilla style so it's good to be able to have it here as well.

Overall a VERY nice job on this ROM. If there were ever a ROM that kept me from going back to CM7 full time this would be it. If this ROM had the profiles built into to it like CM7 does I'd definatly be making this my "permanent" (quotes around it because let's be honest...even the most permanent of my ROM's has only lasted about a month)

Lee_Bo

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
Skyraider 4.0 is the last ROM I want to try. I flashed Carbonite Fusion .5 over the weekend and so far it's the smoothest I've used (Cyanogen, Warm Z and Carbonite). I definitely want to try Skyraider just from what I have read, but I probably won't do it unless Carbonite starts acting up.

oletheos

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
i was a big fan of sky 3.5 so of course i tried this one. over all its more of the same, which is a good thing. only thing im running into i dont like is the keyboard. i miss the old one where i could long press almost any button and get to keys beneath it. I've also yet to figure out how to hide the keyboard, 3.5 had a hide keyboard button this one seems to be missing. I do like that i can wake the phone up now with the optical trackball.

battery life seems really good though. i unplugged yesterday at around 8 am and now 25 hours later i've still got 30% battery left. Now granted sunday's isnt a heavy usage day for me but that is some texting, a few calls and internet browsing at damnyouautocorrect. im sitting at work now and seeing how long i can last before plugging it in.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Last edited: