Skyraider 4.0 Available Now

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys this is slightly off topic, but I couldn't find an answer elsewhere and I figured this would be a great place to ask as I want this to be my first ROM that I flash. Now here's the question, When you flash a ROM are you required to reactivate your phone with your Verizon account? Like do you have to dial *228 and all that? Or is it just flash and run? Sorry for the long post I just want to know what I'm getting myself into here. ;)
Thanks!

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just an update, got this up and running and it took a total of 15 minutes to load the rom, sync gmail, and restore sms... me so happy :D

I enjoy this Rom. Been running it maybe a week or so. Came from cm7 which is still an excellent Rom but this ones camera still has 720p and cm7 doesn't. So I'm sticking with this one

ibanez rgt6EXFX via tapatalk

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
yea it does seem smooth. vast improvement over stock.

i hear mention of the great battery life- what battery are you guys running and what's your up time and awake time? Just for comparison?

mjonesdoster

May 6, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Skyraider 4.0 yesterday & everything is really smooth. I have a question - does anybody know if they have A2SD automatically set up? I went into Clockwork Mod Recovery & added an Ext3 partition, however it is still downloading apps to my phone. I don't want to use the generic Android Apps2SD App - I would like the one that automatically works & you can use those apps even when you are plugged into the computer. Any ideas?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I just flashed Skyraider 4.0 yesterday & everything is really smooth. I have a question - does anybody know if they have A2SD automatically set up? I went into Clockwork Mod Recovery & added an Ext3 partition, however it is still downloading apps to my phone. I don't want to use the generic Android Apps2SD App - I would like the one that automatically works & you can use those apps even when you are plugged into the computer. Any ideas?
I could be wrong but I don't think it is automatic... I have been using this ROM for a while now and Haven't been able to automatically set apps2SD... everytime I get a new APP, it gives me the option to move it but it doesn't do it automatically... I think i prefer it like that, there are some beta apps that I don't want on my SD.. i like the choice :) glad you like the ROM... I have tried pretty much all of them, and this one has held my attention longer than any of them... best battery life and the camera is fully functional

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
If I remember correctly automatic App2SD is a feautre of AOSP 2.3, SR 4.0 is based off 2.2 and just has some really nice tweaks of CM 7.0 and Sense 2.0. At least that's the way I read it. Others might know more and could elaborate better.

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I could be wrong but I don't think it is automatic... I have been using this ROM for a while now and Haven't been able to automatically set apps2SD... everytime I get a new APP, it gives me the option to move it but it doesn't do it automatically... I think i prefer it like that, there are some beta apps that I don't want on my SD.. i like the choice :) glad you like the ROM... I have tried pretty much all of them, and this one has held my attention longer than any of them... best battery life and the camera is fully functional

What kind of battery life are you getting and with what battery?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
What kind of battery life are you getting and with what battery?
I use a siedo 1750... I easily go through a whole day with moderate to heavy use and almost always have about 25-35 percent left at the end of the day... I send about 200 texts a day, I use twitter, facebook, and Gmail, as well as Tapatalk (I keep them synced so I have to check them or they update as far apart as possible, this is so they don't sync all the time and I save battery) I also prolly talk on the phone about 2 hrs a day total... the only things that will Kill my battery are using Flash or listening to alot of podcasts :) I am a creature of habit, so everytime I get into my car I plug my phone in too

Reactions: lefty_dinc

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I use a siedo 1750... I easily go through a whole day with moderate to heavy use and almost always have about 25-35 percent left at the end of the day... I send about 200 texts a day, I use twitter, facebook, and Gmail, as well as Tapatalk (I keep them synced so I have to check them or they update as far apart as possible, this is so they don't sync all the time and I save battery) I also prolly talk on the phone about 2 hrs a day total... the only things that will Kill my battery are using Flash or listening to alot of podcasts :) I am a creature of habit, so everytime I get into my car I plug my phone in too

Do you spend anytime with a weak signal? Or is singal solid pretty much all day?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Do you spend anytime with a weak signal? Or is singal solid pretty much all day?

It depends where I am at but I would say for the most part it varies between a good signal or a bad signal... I also have my wifi settings to never sleep and when I go to work or I am at home my phone runs on wifi

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

mjonesdoster

May 6, 2011
Visit site
So, I went into Titanium backup & moved most of my apps to SD from there, instead of using the "App 2 SD" app from the market (which I had done before). I will preface this by saying I moved at least 100 mb of apps over to the SD card from Titanium. I really have no idea how this works, I was just trying different things. So, now I went into my "Quick System Info Pro" app & it still shows me under the "A2SD" storage: Total: 194 mb, Free: 170 mb; so, it only seems to have dropped by a little (I had already moved some apps, so it really only dropped by about 15 mb).

Anybody have any idea of what is going on & how much actual app space I have on my SD card? I checked my phone storage & it went down by the full 100 mb, so I know this stuff got moved.

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
So, I went into Titanium backup & moved most of my apps to SD from there, instead of using the "App 2 SD" app from the market (which I had done before). I will preface this by saying I moved at least 100 mb of apps over to the SD card from Titanium. I really have no idea how this works, I was just trying different things. So, now I went into my "Quick System Info Pro" app & it still shows me under the "A2SD" storage: Total: 194 mb, Free: 170 mb; so, it only seems to have dropped by a little (I had already moved some apps, so it really only dropped by about 15 mb).

Anybody have any idea of what is going on & how much actual app space I have on my SD card? I checked my phone storage & it went down by the full 100 mb, so I know this stuff got moved.
every time I do that, I restart my phone, so that the sd card will be re-read then,

click on settings->SD & Phone Storage. that should tell you exactly what you have on your SD card, the internal memory, and phone memory (MB). as well as your utilities (the ability to unmount your SD card)

kaefbaml

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
I checked out miui Rom. Omg I feel bad for iphoners. I went back after about 15 min lol. Just very boxy and ugly. Android ftw and skyraider!!!!!

ibanez rgt6EXFX via tapatalk

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
It depends where I am at but I would say for the most part it varies between a good signal or a bad signal... I also have my wifi settings to never sleep and when I go to work or I am at home my phone runs on wifi

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

So would you say 18 hours of up time and about 12 hours of awake time was decent for Seidio 3500? My signal is pretty weak for about 8 hours a day and almost no wifi.

Also did anybody ever figure out why the batteries don't charge 100 percent? Is it a Sense problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38