Skyraider 4.0 Available Now

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I avoid sense.. not on skyraider (bc my dinc is cm7 of course) but on the tbolt. Adw ex is still where its at for me, and it just some substantial updates, particularly in the themes department.

So i don't use rosie mapping, i just have a 5 icon dock bar and a hidden dockbar behind it.

I was thinking about getting fw pro (didnt have amazon appstore when it was free). too lazy to check it out.:-\

I love the 5 icon dock with hidden dockbar, as well. I am thinking that the wave launcher might be a suitable replacement for the hidden dock on sense, though.

zero neck

The Ever-Living
Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Yeah i downloaded the wave launcher but it was just getting in the way of my hidden dockbar - so i cut it loose.

It could work with sense tho, i could see that.

Any cool adw themes recommendations?

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is going to be a silly question, but I'm coming over from Warm Z & everytime I go through & try to flash this ROM the Warm Z splash screen comes on. I have wiped data/cache/dalvik multiple times and each time I select the ROM it installs really fast & that's about it. I downloaded SR from ROM Manager.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Ok this is going to be a silly question, but I'm coming over from Warm Z & everytime I go through & try to flash this ROM the Warm Z splash screen comes on. I have wiped data/cache/dalvik multiple times and each time I select the ROM it installs really fast & that's about it. I downloaded SR from ROM Manager.

I dont think you're actually installing it. Are you using ROM manager...if so there is your problem. Do everything through ClockworkMod Recovery manually. If you need directions on what I mean by "manually" there are several posts floating around with step by steps...it's really pretty easy.

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
I dont think you're actually installing it. Are you using ROM manager...if so there is your problem. Do everything through ClockworkMod Recovery manually. If you need directions on what I mean by "manually" there are several posts floating around with step by steps...it's really pretty easy.

No I'm actually going into CWM & flashing it that way. I've never used ROM Manger to flash a ROM just because I know in the past it's had problems.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
No I'm actually going into CWM & flashing it that way. I've never used ROM Manger to flash a ROM just because I know in the past it's had problems.

Hmmm. And your sure you've got the skyraider 4.0 zip on the sd card. You could try the factory rest/data wipe, data/cache, dalvik wipes twice. Make sure you're doing all three (I'm sure you are if you got Warm Z to run).

It doesn't take all that long to install the .zip but the first boot up is where it takes forever. Even so, after you get it to flash properly total install time should only be about 20 minutes.

Here's another thought, are you using a Mac to download the ROM and place on your card. I had problems with the way my Mac would "zip" the file back up and I could never get anything to flash...started downloading the ROM's to my phone from my phones browser and haven't had any problems since.

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Did you try to download the rom zip again and try that one?

Yeah that's what I'm doing now...here's to hoping it goes through this time. I'm just really bored at work so I figured why not try out a new ROM. Especially since I love CM7, but I love the sense aspects, so hello SR! LoL

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Hmmm. And your sure you've got the skyraider 4.0 zip on the sd card. You could try the factory rest/data wipe, data/cache, dalvik wipes twice. Make sure you're doing all three (I'm sure you are if you got Warm Z to run).

It doesn't take all that long to install the .zip but the first boot up is where it takes forever. Even so, after you get it to flash properly total install time should only be about 20 minutes.

Here's another thought, are you using a Mac to download the ROM and place on your card. I had problems with the way my Mac would "zip" the file back up and I could never get anything to flash...started downloading the ROM's to my phone from my phones browser and haven't had any problems since.

So I went to the XDA thread & downloaded the zip through my PC computer & now I'm getting ready to try it this way. Here's to hope! LoL

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah i downloaded the wave launcher but it was just getting in the way of my hidden dockbar - so i cut it loose.

It could work with sense tho, i could see that.

Any cool adw themes recommendations?

Here's my current set up:

CAP201105101303.jpg

I like the icon pack from adw.elegant, which is what the Talk, Camera, and Firefox icons are in my dock. The app icon is taken from the honeybread theme, and the phone icon is from rover blue, which is the rest of my theme.

Last edited:

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, got a quick question here, I've read lots of information about roms and themes and mods and all this fun stuff and did not see an answer, but is it possible for a rom to affect your cell reception?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey guys, got a quick question here, I've read lots of information about roms and themes and mods and all this fun stuff and did not see an answer, but is it possible for a rom to affect your cell reception?
try dialing *228 and press 2... this will update your phone to the latest towers and roaming capabilites :)

Reactions: lefty_dinc

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
I did that and I don't know if the whole thing was just placebo effect, I think I was watching it more closely since this is the first ROM I have flashed. :)

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I did that and I don't know if the whole thing was just placebo effect, I think I was watching it more closely since this is the first ROM I have flashed. :)
well you made a good choice with this ROM... I have tried them ALL... and as an experienced ROM user, this is by far the smoothest running and I have had no problems at all with it... bottom line is, I LOVE THIS ROM.... I am now using it as my daily ROM... I LOVE IT

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
well you made a good choice with this ROM... I have tried them ALL... and as an experienced ROM user, this is by far the smoothest running and I have had no problems at all with it... bottom line is, I LOVE THIS ROM.... I am now using it as my daily ROM... I LOVE IT

I can see that you love it... lol what kind of problems does this ROM not have that others have?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I can see that you love it... lol what kind of problems does this ROM not have that others have?
Well.. I have never once had any FC issues (i have with other roms) and I get amazing batter life with just the stock kernel.... also, I really like the dropdown notification bar and the options that are built into it... another big issue it the fact that the camera functions actually work great with this rom... CM7 has some minor camera and camcorder issues... warmZ ROM is just ok, I had ALOT of FC issues with it... the same goes with re-engineered ROM... and don't get me started on how UGLY MIUI ROM is... if I wanted and IPHONE i would have bought one :) my advice to you is to get you skyraider settings the way you like and make a nandroid backup of it, that way you can always safely revert back if need be... then if you want to, try and experiment with some other ROMs... BUT, before you do, please READ READ READ and READ some more about the ROM first, I ALWAYS start from the first page of the OP and read every single page no matter how long it takes... that way you can get alll of your questions answered before you even have to post them :) holler at me or send me a private message if you need any help.... we are all here to help newbies, we all started somewhere... :)

lefty_dinc

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Well.. I have never once had any FC issues (i have with other roms) and I get amazing batter life with just the stock kernel.... also, I really like the dropdown notification bar and the options that are built into it... another big issue it the fact that the camera functions actually work great with this rom... CM7 has some minor camera and camcorder issues... warmZ ROM is just ok, I had ALOT of FC issues with it... the same goes with re-engineered ROM... and don't get me started on how UGLY MIUI ROM is... if I wanted and IPHONE i would have bought one :) my advice to you is to get you skyraider settings the way you like and make a nandroid backup of it, that way you can always safely revert back if need be... then if you want to, try and experiment with some other ROMs... BUT, before you do, please READ READ READ and READ some more about the ROM first, I ALWAYS start from the first page of the OP and read every single page no matter how long it takes... that way you can get alll of your questions answered before you even have to post them :) holler at me or send me a private message if you need any help.... we are all here to help newbies, we all started somewhere... :)

I'm gonna ask this here since others may have the same question, how exactly do you flash a theme or mod such as the Clear Rosie you are using?

ssethv

ANDROID OBSESSED
Dec 4, 2010
Visit site
I'm gonna ask this here since others may have the same question, how exactly do you flash a theme or mod such as the Clear Rosie you are using?

I am laying in bed right now so I can't exactly send you the link but first thing tomorrow morning I will get you the link and I will explain how to do it, you doing the same way as you would flash any other zip. once downloaded you place on the root of your sd card and then you clear your delphic cash and regular cash and then flash just like you would any other zip. I will also include a screenshot of my home screen to show you what the clear rosie mod looks like on my phone. just check back tomorrow morning around 830 or 9 and I will give you complete instructions;-)

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

Reactions: lefty_dinc