stuck on boot screen, no recovery option?

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
(i'm sitting here with my brother's dInc)
rooted using unrevoked 3, downloaded CyanogenMod 7 using Rom Manager
made a backup of stock ROM--for whatever that's worth

rebooted to use Cyano7, but got stuck on the boot screen for 15 minutes.
battery pull, booted up again--stuck on the same boot screen animation for 15 minutes... i can't get the phone to progress past this screen.
read somewhere it's a bad download of the ROM, possibly?

now the phone can't get past the boot screen and going into the Recovery option just brings up the ClockWork Mod recovery symbol that never does anything--it just sits there. tried every option in the Recovery menu but it just goes to a black screen with the symbol-----for minutes on time--i hit the power button and it takes me back to the same reboot option screen...is something supposed to be happening? i never saw an option to load my backup.

any help?

edit: so stupid. so very stupid i am.
trackball=gives options.
Power button=just takes me to the icon screen.

used trackball to highlight & select recovery---restore--and was able to save the phone. wow. breathing easier.

Last edited:

molinap1

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Both I and a friend with an Inc had the same issue where after installing a Rom, it would hang on the white Inc splash screen. I had the issue with virtuous and a cyano nightly. He saw it with Skyraider. I restored to an earlier backup that had an older Rom manager and installed virtuous without issue. Too bad my battery life got really bad with it. Going back to Cyanogen now.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
(any help?

edit: so stupid. so very stupid i am.
trackball=gives options.
Power button=just takes me to the icon screen.

used trackball to highlight & select recovery---restore--and was able to save the phone. wow. breathing easier.

See ya got it fiqured out now :cool:
Yup once in recovery you use the trackball to select stuff

As I sidenote I actually prefer to manually flash the rom in recovery instead of using rom manager.Sometimes rom manager doesnt work as reliable when it comes to the actual rom flashing part ,plus I dont think you can wipe dalvik cache tho rom manager .

project.in.process

May 18, 2010
Visit site
See ya got it fiqured out now :cool:
Yup once in recovery you use the trackball to select stuff

As I sidenote I actually prefer to manually flash the rom in recovery instead of using rom manager.Sometimes rom manager doesnt work as reliable when it comes to the actual rom flashing part ,plus I dont think you can wipe dalvik cache tho rom manager .

that's what everyone else seems to say---using ROM manager is convenient but often doesn't successfully flash ROM's or give the complete download of the ROM. looks like i'll be downloading them from threads now on

before flashing, it did actually give 3 options: "wipe data, wipe dalvik, create backup"--but perhaps that was just for the CM7 ROM---having only flashed 2 ROMS (well, 1 successfully, SkyRaider4) i can't really say :)

oy...that was the most frustrating thing. power button is the selector in the boot menu---so logically i was using it in Recovery...once the trackball brought up menu screens, it was like "YES! THIS CAN BE DONE!" and now i breathe a little easier since i have that backup of the stock ROM before i flashed CM7 or SkyRaider4.

now, moving on to root the Thunderbolt once i find a good GB ROM,---think i'm gonna stay away from CM7 for a bit until more people i know have flashed it (without Rom Manager)

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae