GingerSense leak

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Over at XDA, a stock (sense) Gingerbread leak has been found and there are already a few rooted stock ROMs on the boards. Obviously, this is an early edition and no customization has been done, but exciting times, none the less.

Original Leak

ROM 1

ROM 2

Good. Personally I have no interest in Gingersense, but I know there are a lot of people who are interested. Now hopefully Team Cyanogenmod can get ahold of the drivers and we'll see 720p video in CM7 before long.

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Been waiting for a Gingerbread/Sense combo...flashing time!!!

Edit: Dang..got overly excited, thought this was Gbread and Sense 2.0. Oh well...and the wait continues.

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sweet! Been waiting for a Gingerbread/Sense combo...flashing time!!!

Edit: Dang..got overly excited, thought this was Gbread and Sense 2.0. Oh well...and the wait continues.

Sorry that my post mislead you.

I'm kinda tempted to flash this, but knowing the dev community, there will be some pretty great custom ROMs coming out of this in the next few days, so I might just wait for a bit...

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
I'll add these to the Rom's and Mod's thread tonight.

I'd try ROM2 - since that's rmk40's post, the dev of Virtuous. It’s probably the most reliable of the three

No surprise that it's not upgraded Sense. HTC never seems to update Sense for their phones. Seems strange, but they never seem to do it.

BSG75

Custom User Title
May 11, 2010
Visit site
Good. Personally I have no interest in Gingersense, but I know there are a lot of people who are interested. Now hopefully Team Cyanogenmod can get ahold of the drivers and we'll see 720p video in CM7 before long.

That would be nice! Good thinking. I would go back to CM7 is it had properly functioning cameras.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
That would be nice! Good thinking. I would go back to CM7 is it had properly functioning cameras.

As much as I love CM7 the camera is one of it's big drawbacks. I use the MUIU camera, which is great when it works. But now hopefully Team CM7 can get the drivers they need to bring the stock camera up to speed. :) :cool:

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
I'll add these to the Rom's and Mod's thread tonight.

I'd try ROM2 - since that's rmk40's post, the dev of Virtuous. It?s probably the most reliable of the three

No surprise that it's not upgraded Sense. HTC never seems to update Sense for their phones. Seems strange, but they never seem to do it.

I'm not surprised, but it's still disappointing. I'm no fan of sense but if it was Sense version 2 I might have temporarily flashed it just to try the newer version. Oh well. There are a few Sense 2 ROM's floating around out there if I really want to try it.

rpz3.14

Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
I figured I'd take the plunge (with rmk40's rom), and it's going okay so far. For whatever reason, it won't allow me to install MLB at bat, which is a massive fail (especially since the Twins have an afternoon game today), but otherwise it seems pretty nice. I'll probably make a nandroid and come back when I have more time, but it's good enough as a daily driver. Looks just like stock sense, except it's quite a bit snappier.

Reactions: jshealey

Menno

Coffee Addict
Nov 9, 2009
Visit site
My Google Talk Application will not work (constantly force closes) this might be a dealbreaker if I can't get it fixed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995