[MOD] viperMOD for AOSP Kernels - v3 beta RC2.4[6/14 UPDATE]

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Before I get started, I want to make clear that I am not responsible for this mod. -viperboy- over at XDA has put alot of hard work into this, and deserves to be recognized. I am merely sharing his work over here at Android Central for those who don't keep up on XDA as well. Here we go!

Presenting....viperMOD!​

What is viperMOD?
viperMOD is essentially an awesome shell script, that handles just about anything that has to do with you, your phone, and your voltages. It gives you full control over the voltages of your phone.

What does this do?
Kernel developers make their kernels to be "universal". By universal, they want the kernel to work on as many phones as possible so they may only mildly undervolt. However, some phones can handle a more aggressive undervolt. Some can't. viperMOD allows you to undervolt to your choosing for better battery life or allow you to overvolt to make your phone more stable.

How do I use it?
First and foremost, you will need to flash the most recent version of viperMOD, available here! Once you've gotten that out of the way, open up a Terminal Emulator on your phone. From there, go ahead and type su, and press enter. That will give you SuperUser permissions in the Terminal. After you allow root access for the app, type vipermod, and press enter. This will bring up all the different options of viperMOD.

v3_beta_rc2_1.png
v3_beta_rc2_3.png

Links
-viperboy-/viperMOD homepage
Downloads (Including older, unsupported versions)
Official Changelog
Official FAQ

So there you go everybody! That is viperMOD. I find it to be a very cool, and useful tool to help extend the battery of my Incredible even further. Every person's phone can handle different voltages, so feel free to experiment and find what works best for you! After tweaking my voltages just right, I can now easily go 16+ hours on one charge. So give it a shot, and let us all know here what it does for you!

Last edited:

crondable

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Updates/Changelogs​

6/14 RC2.4
- Fixed some coding, should work on all supported devices without errors! Please upgrade to this!

5/31 RC2.3
- Saving voltages now supported on Netarchy Nexus S and Nexus S 4G (thanks Netarchy!)
- Custom voltages now supported on Netarchy Nexus S and Nexus S 4G
- Included new busybox binary in .zip for better compatibility (thanks Netarchy!)
- Modified some commands to use busybox for better compatibility (thanks Netarchy!)
- New warnings when setting custom voltages
- Fixed a rare error that happened when trying to save voltages

5/28 RC2.11
- Actually fixed the phone and processor identification problem this time (thanks JimSP!)

5/27 RC 2.1
- Support for custom voltages for HAVS and SVS on Snapdragon processors!

Last edited: