SMS Bug Makes it's return

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
So I thought that I would start a new thread cuz this only started happening once I installed GingerSense Remix on my phone. I received a message that appeared to be a message from my son's father saying Stop sending me these pictures, I don't know you. Then I recieve a call, thinking it's him, only to find out it's a girl calling to yell at me about sending pictures of a little boy to her. Well I just wanted to know if anyone else was having this problem recently? It's basically sending pictures that I sent months ago. Let me know what ya'll think!

gozirra

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
Wow, that is strange. Sounds like a carrier thing if its stuff from months ago (because I assume you wiped the phone when you installed GingerSense).

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Yeah, I did a full wipe and with the gingersense roms they request you wipe more than once, which I did. It has me a little freaked out. I'm actually reformatting my entire phone and reformatting the SD card, just in case there was some sort of bug in there!

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Was the text you received actually displaying the number from Texas - or was the contacts displaying the number of your son's father.

That reads wierd - what I'm asking is; was the number associated with the messages you received showing as a texas number with your son's fathers name attached or did it display his number?

I'm trying to see if somehow it's the people/contacts app not displaying correctly or if it's a VZW MMS Routing problem.

It almost sounds like a routing problem on VZW's part. I'd give them a call and report it.

kjsmommy10

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Was the text you received actually displaying the number from Texas - or was the contacts displaying the number of your son's father.

That reads wierd - what I'm asking is; was the number associated with the messages you received showing as a texas number with your son's fathers name attached or did it display his number?

I'm trying to see if somehow it's the people/contacts app not displaying correctly or if it's a VZW MMS Routing problem.

It almost sounds like a routing problem on VZW's part. I'd give them a call and report it.

It showed my son's fathers name & fb pic but the pics were being sent to a 382 area code. I use handcent for my messaging app, so I have no clue what in the world was going on. But none of this started until I flashed the gingersense rom.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
greenbelte15