Question about installing CM7 first time. Confirming steps.

thenewnoise

Nov 4, 2009
Visit site
I have an incredible running sock 2.2
I have radio version 2.15.00.07.28

I rooted my phone with unrevoked
I installed rom manager and clockwork recovery
I used rom manager to take a backup of the current rom to the SDcard
I used rom manager to download CM7

Now can I just go into rom manager and pick install rom from SD card and browse to the CM7 download? Should I check "Wipe Data and Cache" when installing CM7? Do I need to do anything special to make sure the GPS works once CM7 is installed?

If I decide I don't like CM7 can I boot into recovery and apply the clockwork backup and my phone will be in the exact same state as before the backup? Apps and everything?

Am I missing any steps?

Thanks.

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Yes you need to wipe both your data and cache before installing CM7 or any other custom ROM. If you want to save your apps you can do so using Titanium Bakup. And if you decide you don't like CM7 all you have to do is restore your nandroid backup and your phone will be exactly the way it was before, apps and all.

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
@thenewnoise

If you have a problem installing with ROM Manager, reboot into Recovery and then install manually.

Wipe Data, Cache and under Advanced wipe Dalvik Cache. Then install .zip from SD Card. The CM7 install should be under /clockworkmod/download/download.cyanogenmod.com/get/****.zip

Good luck!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kemberley1