what am i missing to put Rom on Incredible?

bhk56

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
hi

im a 55 yr old grandmother, please help!! lol several attempts at putting a couple of Roms on my HTC Incredible phone. What am I doing wrong?

I used unrevoked3 - i do have the SuperUser on phone. reset to factory.
I downloaded a couple of HTC Rom zip files and put them on the SD card while phone was plugged in with debugging setting.

I cleared cache and files, selected zip file from SD card to install and it aborted installation.

I found the Roms on a HTC page, so do I have to go more specific then that?

Below are my specs on my Incredible. Any help would be appreciated!!

froyo 2.2 ota

baseband 2.15.00.07.28

kernel version
2.6.32.17-g9a2fc16

htc- kernel@u18000-Build-149#1

Build # 3.26.605.1 CL264707

Browser WEbkit 3.1

Software 3.26.605.1

PRI version 1.28_002

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure the ROMs you downloaded are for the Incredible?

Are you S-on or S-off? You can find out by going into hboot (power off the phone, then hold power and volume down). I believe you need S-off to flash ROMs.

Sent from my HTC Droid Nexus with Tapatalk.

Reactions: zero neck

Wanda

May 6, 2010
Visit site
Welcome aboard.

Flashing ROM's should be a fairly easy task depending on which ROM it is you are trying to flash. Some require a bit more work in order to get up and running.

Which ROM are you trying to flash?

VERY IMPORTANT...I would first start by making a nandroid back up of you original system in case something goes really wrong or you plain just don't like the new ROM. Boot into recovery, go to backup/restore and choose backup. It takes a while, like 5-10 minutes but let it do it's thing.

From the normal phone system (not in recovery just normal operating mode) I would also suggest you download the app "Astro" file browser from the market (it's free). Then try downloading the ROM of your choice directly from the browser on your phone rather than going from a PC or Mac to your SD card via USB.

Once the ROM is downloaded, move it to the SD card using Astro.

Then boot into recovery and do the factory reset wipe, the data cache wipe, and under "Advanced" wipe the Dalvic as well.

Once that is done go back to install .zip from SD card, choose .zip, scroll down to it and install it.

After that go to "reboot system" and let it boot up. The first boot of loading a new ROM is always pretty long, on the order of like 5-15 minutes so be patient and don't panic.

Go through the setup steps and enjoy your new ROM.

Reactions: zero neck

bhk56

Jun 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks to Wanda and Dark Wizard for helping me out. Clear and Excellent instructions!! I was able to complete my first Rom installation! I believe it was helpful to download straight to my phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillyC