Phone in boot loop - please help

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The downgraded recovery is for your rooted Froyo.

Yes you are on the correct radio.

If this does not work, you might want to punt and run the RUU (Directions in the Rooting sticky and in the preparing for Gingerbread OTA sticky) and then re-run Unrevoked.

Reactions: Incrediboy

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Update:

The downgrade worked to install the rooted froyo version.

Unfortunately, the rooted froyo version still does the reboot thing.

When I get a little more time, I'll have to read up on the RUU and revert to stock.

Keep you all posted.

If anyone find the magic bullet before I go that route, I'd appreciate it.

Sent from Tapatalk

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
OK,

here is the twist... in the "how to root unroot etc " thread.. the link to the ruu pb img.zip file is broken..

in the gingerbread thread.. the file is there...

in the root/unroot.. it says I need to run someting to put s-on, but there is no mention of this in the gingerbread thread.

Is it safe to:
1 - use the s-on instructions in the first thread
2 - use the pbXXXimg.zip in the second thread
and then i'll be at froyo ota?

Thanks

PvilleComp

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
If you run the RUU it will take you to unrooted Stock with S-Off which makes it easier to re-root. If you want the S-on zip it's in IncBits from the market as well as on unrevoked

For what you're trying to solve the RUU should be enough.

Reactions: Incrediboy

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
Forgive my thickness.. I figure its better to ask questions and "Look Stupid", than it is to pretend I understand and do something and "be stupid" LOL.

Running the RUU will return my to a stock OS, but will leave the recovery as clockworkmod correct?

So... after I RUU, I can "just" load another ROM should I want to?

Dark Wizard Matoya

Feb 21, 2011
Visit site
Forgive my thickness.. I figure its better to ask questions and "Look Stupid", than it is to pretend I understand and do something and "be stupid" LOL.

Running the RUU will return my to a stock OS, but will leave the recovery as clockworkmod correct?

So... after I RUU, I can "just" load another ROM should I want to?

If you run the RUU you will back to unrooted stock, so if you want to flash another ROM you will have to reroot with Unrevoked first.

Incrediboy

May 31, 2010
Visit site
ok,

I successfully RUU-ed and it still does the reboot thing.

I've since re-rooted and loaded up cyanogen.. the device appears most stable under that though it still reboots. Anything that pulls alot of data appears to cause the reboot.

When i set back up again.. I'll run the s-on and then ruu again and see what happens...

Something I do notice.. the SD was behaving a bit "funny" though.. sometimes it appears slow to mount to the system. I did try running the system w/o the sd card and it still reboots.. so I don't know if thats just something else thats wrong.

Any ideas are welcome...