Just rooted my phone. Need some help

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
Okay, I rooted my phone last night. It works great. Tested it out by purchasing the ScreenShot It app! What else can I do with a rooted phone? Is there a way to have a clock face come up on the screen when plugged in? What about Keeping the Screen on? Tell me what else I can do because I'm anxious to find out!

TIA, Nate

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Root Explorer which will let you access all of the files and modify them on your phone. Becareful with that though. You can start loading custom roms and using programs that are for root access only.

Oh, and "ShootMe" is free in the market. Which takes screenshots also, on your rooted device :p

boondoc

Jul 18, 2011
Visit site
if you're comfortable with it (it's really easy) flash the infused custom rom. it's like making sweet sweet love to your battery life.

Terrigno

Italiano Papi
Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
if you're comfortable with it (it's really easy) flash the infused custom rom. it's like making sweet sweet love to your battery life.

True! The latest rom from gtg over on XDA is sweet! Infused v1.5.3. Its like I can never go back to the factory samsung rom anymore because of how good this one is. Easily last ALL day on the battery no problems. Im thinking about porting some of that material over here onto Android Central, of course with permission from the developers.

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
True! The latest rom from gtg over on XDA is sweet! Infused v1.5.3. Its like I can never go back to the factory samsung rom anymore because of how good this one is. Easily last ALL day on the battery no problems. Im thinking about porting some of that material over here onto Android Central, of course with permission from the developers.

By doing this, will this erase what I currently have on my phone?

GotBCI

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
and those less knowledgeable are waiting for human speak . . . . . .
There just has to be something to get this message across,WE ARE ALL NOT GEEKS
But very much interested in getting the most and or better simply because its there.

Why doesn't that make sense . . . . ?

mcdanielnc89

May 13, 2011
Visit site
I can't get the Latitude and Navigation Apps to delete. Those seem to be the only two.. I have Google Maps so I don't need either of these apps.

rjs5117

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Latitude, Places, and Naviagtion... How do I remove these? I have Google Maps, therefore I do not need them.

They are part of google maps. You can't delete them without deleting google maps. Nav, Places, and Latitude are just shortcuts to things that are inside of Google Maps. You could use a launcher that allows you to hide them in your app drawer if they really bother you that badly.

Last edited:
Reactions: mcdanielnc89

dddeemann2

Jul 9, 2011
Visit site
titanium backup(paid version) can freeze them and it wont show in your drawer until you unfreeze them again.it will also stop them from auto starting and using your data.

tommyflgl

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I just installed the custom infused rom on my infuse 4g And everything works great except my calling. I can call out but when someone calls me, it will ring once then go black with only the status bar showing. Can anyone help me? Thanks in advance!