07-24-2012 09:38 PM
37 12
tools
    Not sure if this thread is dead or what, but I followed instructions exactly, phone came back up perfectly, but NONE of my old apps that I had before are there... ideas?
    12-06-2011 10:44 AM
    It really works!!!
    12-07-2011 10:02 PM
    Not sure if this thread is dead or what, but I followed instructions exactly, phone came back up perfectly, but NONE of my old apps that I had before are there... ideas?
    I'm new to this and no expert, but I think that just happens when you flash a ROM. Supposedly you can use Titanium Backup to recover your apps and data, but the developers seem to say that's not such a good idea. I don't have that many apps, so it wasn't too bad to just download them again from the market. I did use an app to save my text messages.

It's been a huge improvement having Serendipity on my phone, and well worth the price of losing my progress on Angry Birds.
    12-08-2011 02:09 AM
    I'm new to this and no expert, but I think that just happens when you flash a ROM. Supposedly you can use Titanium Backup to recover your apps and data, but the developers seem to say that's not such a good idea. I don't have that many apps, so it wasn't too bad to just download them again from the market. I did use an app to save my text messages.

It's been a huge improvement having Serendipity on my phone, and well worth the price of losing my progress on Angry Birds.
    You should back up your apps with titanium, but after you flash a different rom, only restore apps, NOT system data.

And, if your phone is running good, you should make a back up using Red CWM, before flashing a different Rom. If you have a custom kernel the you should haveRed CWM. Boot to recovery and choose back up.
    12-08-2011 05:32 PM
    So I downloaded cwm-community-kernal-v8.zip (which shows up as SetupV1.exe on my internal SD card) and when I open SGS kernal flasher and tyr to flash it I get an error message that says the zImage file is not a valid kernal image and the kernal flash failed. Do I need to unzip it on the internal SD card?
    You downloaded the wrong file it should be listed as: cwm-community-kernal-v8.zip
    12-08-2011 05:34 PM
    When you or the rom do a wipe from cwm, all user data is wiped.
    12-08-2011 05:36 PM
    Love the rom but, I can't seem to get my contacts back. I backed them up in the stock contacts app as recomended. But when I try to restore them it says can't find vcard on sd.
    01-08-2012 07:06 AM
    Love the rom but, I can't seem to get my contacts back. I backed them up in the stock contacts app as recomended. But when I try to restore them it says can't find vcard on sd.
    When you log back into Gmail on the phone your contacts should be restored, I have tested 6 diff ROMs and each time I log into the phone for gmail under settings/accounts all my contacts are fully restored.
    01-12-2012 08:43 AM
    Can you access your external SD Card?
    01-17-2012 06:00 PM
    The link for cwm-community-kernel-v8.zip is broken. It will not open the page and I cannot find it anywhere that actually works. If you could post a new place I could download it from or seed a torrent of it; it would be much appreciated. Thanks
    02-28-2012 12:59 AM
    thank you so much! this is the only method that worked because for some reason i couldn't get modded 3e recovery! HUGE thanks
    07-03-2012 09:08 AM
    trying this ROM 7/24/2012 10:36pm eastern
    Using the infuse toolbox to clear cache
    then install zip .
    phone is talking " saying 2 minutes ".

Im looking for some NEW INFUSE ROMS TO TEST.
    07-24-2012 09:38 PM
37 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD