Zeus + Infuse = Heaven!!

keithdlee2011

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just upgraded to Zeus B3 and it works great on my Infuse. It is incredibly fast and much better than any of the other ROMs out there. This is like ICS as well; so, I am keeping this for a long time! :)

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Infused 2.2.3 to Zeus a few weeks ago and I could not be happier. It uses the UCKL2 modem by default and I am using Infusion A2 kernel. Not only is this ROM fast, but my standard battery lasts closer to 20-24 hours in a single charge where I was lucky to get 10 hours on it before. I highly recommend you all check it out on XDA.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
I switched from Infused 2.2.3 to Zeus a few weeks ago and I could not be happier. It uses the UCKL2 modem by default and I am using Infusion A2 kernel. Not only is this ROM fast, but my standard battery lasts closer to 20-24 hours in a single charge where I was lucky to get 10 hours on it before. I highly recommend you all check it out on XDA.

What build of Zeus are you running? And pardon my lack of knowledge, but what are the advantages of using a certain kernel? And how do you install a kernel?

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I am using Zeus build 3. You can find the ROM in post #1 and the update patch in post #2.
[ROM][UCKL2][2.3.6]ALL HAIL *Z*E*U*S*The Collective[1/17/12]Now With Aries Hellfire ! - xda-developers

As far as the kernel, I am not sure what makes one better than the other. While using every other ROM (from Serendipity to Infused to MIUI) I had the same kernel. When I switched to Zeus someone suggested using the Infusion kernel so I did. I am not sure if that makes all the difference but the combination of the ROM, kernel, and the UCKL2 modem works perfectly for me.

To flash the kernel just copy the ZIP to your internal SD card, reboot into CWM, and flash the file. Basically the same as flashing the ROM. :)

thassinger42

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I am using Zeus build 3. You can find the ROM in post #1 and the update patch in post #2.
[ROM][UCKL2][2.3.6]ALL HAIL *Z*E*U*S*The Collective[1/17/12]Now With Aries Hellfire ! - xda-developers

As far as the kernel, I am not sure what makes one better than the other. While using every other ROM (from Serendipity to Infused to MIUI) I had the same kernel. When I switched to Zeus someone suggested using the Infusion kernel so I did. I am not sure if that makes all the difference but the combination of the ROM, kernel, and the UCKL2 modem works perfectly for me.

To flash the kernel just copy the ZIP to your internal SD card, reboot into CWM, and flash the file. Basically the same as flashing the ROM. :)
I just flashed Zeus a few days ago coming from the Infused 2.2.3 and now I can receive text messages but sometimes I can't send them, do you think it has anything to do with not flashing a different kernal. Also my signal bar indicator keeps going back and forth between grey and the ics blue. Any ideas?? I'm pretty new to flashing and not sure what to do next. Thanks in advance.:)

thassinger42

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I just came from Infused 2.2.3 to Zeus and now i can't send any text messages, can recieve them just fine. Also the signal bar indicator is going back and forth between ics blue and grey, do you think I need to change to a different kernal? I'm pretty new to flashing and not sure what to do next. Thanks in advance.

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I just flashed Zeus a few days ago coming from the Infused 2.2.3 and now I can receive text messages but sometimes I can't send them, do you think it has anything to do with not flashing a different kernal. Also my signal bar indicator keeps going back and forth between grey and the ics blue. Any ideas?? I'm pretty new to flashing and not sure what to do next. Thanks in advance.:)

The signal bar going from blue to grey is normal I believe. It was mentioned in the Zeus thread over at XDA at one point. I am not positive but I believe it has something to do with going from 4 bars to 5 bars since the icon only has 4 bars but it should be able to go as high as 5.

I haven't had any problems sending or receiving text messages. I am using Handcent but it probably shouldn't make a difference.

Reactions: thassinger42

thassinger42

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
Thanks for the info, I flashed 5 yesterday with the ICS theme and was having the same problem with the text messages. I think I'll just wipe, wipe, wipe..lol and flash again just see what happens. I use go sms pro.

lavman72

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site

The battery life is the thing that intrigues me most about this ROM. 20-24 hours on a single charge is pretty impressive (moderate usage). I understand the ROM allows you to OC and UV. Are you utilizing any of those settings to achieve the extended battery life, or is that what you were seeing without changing any of those settings?

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
The battery life is the thing that intrigues me most about this ROM. 20-24 hours on a single charge is pretty impressive (moderate usage). I understand the ROM allows you to OC and UV. Are you utilizing any of those settings to achieve the extended battery life, or is that what you were seeing without changing any of those settings?

I do have SetCPU installed but I am still using the default settings that it came with. I also used this app with other ROMs and used the same settings so I know that is not making the difference. The big change for me is that I am using less widgets, I have turned off all unnecessary notifications, and I use Timeriffic to control when certain things are on or off, such as WIFI, Bluetooth, etc. I also set the brightness to around 30% during the day when at work and 60% for other times. I also did not reinstall one weather app and an application lock program as both seemed to drain the battery more.

It should be noted that not everyone is getting these results with their battery. Some are less than what I get and there are even some that get more than I do. I average 20-24 hours before I plug the phone in. The last few nights I was around 50-60% when I went to bed and the phone was on battery for 16 hours. I am still using Zeus build 3 as I am reluctant to switch to build 5 since my phone is running so well. :)

mbnocx

Jul 31, 2011
Visit site
I was/am planning to switch to build 5 this weekend. My only reservation is some people, at least as of last night, were having problems with poor battery performance. Which to be honest, is one of the best things about Zeus (good battery that is). I will backup everything before making the switch and report back anything I find.