Rooting and Custom ROMs on UCLB3

anon(713186)

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
I feel like I am going in circles and hopefully someone can point me in the right direction. I have an Infuse running the stock UCLB3 and I wanted to load a custom ROM. Any time I try and load one I get an error saying "E:signature verification failed" I did some more reading and it sounded like I needed to be rooted first. I went over to XDA and grabbed a rooted version of UCLB3, but it said I needed to use CWM to load it. I tried to load CWM but it said the phone had to be rooted in order for it to work. What am I doing wrong? Am I missing something really obvious here?

Thanks,
Ryan

anon(713186)

Mar 8, 2012
Visit site
Reactions: joe1987

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site

This worked well. However, when I was doing the Heimdall one-click, I could not check the bootloader. I am running Gingerbread but I think I still have the Froyo bootloader. When I tried to upgrade to ICS, I am getting the rainbow effect on recovery. In spite of someone saying it is workable with the rainbow, I can't get to the download folder to select the zip file to flash. To make a long short, how do I upgrade to Gingerbread bootloader?

Reactions: joe1987

joe1987

Oct 14, 2011
Visit site
This worked well. However, when I was doing the Heimdall one-click, I could not check the bootloader. I am running Gingerbread but I think I still have the Froyo bootloader. When I tried to upgrade to ICS, I am getting the rainbow effect on recovery. In spite of someone saying it is workable with the rainbow, I can't get to the download folder to select the zip file to flash. To make a long short, how do I upgrade to Gingerbread bootloader?

Ok after the first boot up....you could of done the one click again it would have let you check the box for bootloader...

So basically do the one click twice....second time put the check in the boot box and you will have the gb bootload...

Also aft the first boot up don't close the one click program ....just put yr phone in download mode again...and do the boot box check ok

{U.S.M.C.} "Fraternal Brotherhood of the Highest Order"

tim horton

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Ok after the first boot up....you could of done the one click again it would have let you check the box for bootloader...

So basically do the one click twice....second time put the check in the boot box and you will have the gb bootload...

Also aft the first boot up don't close the one click program ....just put yr phone in download mode again...and do the boot box check ok

{U.S.M.C.} "Fraternal Brotherhood of the Highest Order"

Thank you Joe, it worked. Now I have successfully flashed ICS to my Infuse!