Portal Recommendations Approved!

MrSherms

Great Googley Moogley!
May 4, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else notice that their portal recommendations got approved? I submitted two about two weeks ago, and yesterday the portals showed up. I didn't receive a notice of any kind, so I thought I would put this out there for anyone else who recently submitted a portal request. Check your maps for new portals, and claim them!

DavePlus

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
So.. I haven't gotten an invite yet... but understand that I can snap some pics of potential portals and upload them even before I'm "in."

When they're asking for a name for the portal, are they wanting a full factual name of the place/thing or something made up for the game?

...and must it be taken on the Android device, or can it be taken with a DSLR, edited to look better, then sent to the phone and uploaded?

Thanks.

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
So.. I haven't gotten an invite yet... but understand that I can snap some pics of potential portals and upload them even before I'm "in."

When they're asking for a name for the portal, are they wanting a full factual name of the place/thing or something made up for the game?

...and must it be taken on the Android device, or can it be taken with a DSLR, edited to look better, then sent to the phone and uploaded?

Thanks.

They are looking for a descriptive name for the portal, and you need to take it with something that can geotag the picture.

Don't worry about pretty, the picture will only ever show as a thumbnail anyway.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Is this the only way to make your own portals?

Also does the intel map show portals not yet hacked by anyone?

Yes.

And I don't think the Intel map shows not yet hacked portals.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Sure it does, you just have to be zoomed in enough to see them. Took a 100km drive out to Canmore this morning and claimed the two that I saw, filled them up, shields, links. Good to go. Easy points for $15 gas. :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463