No one has seemed to mention this yet...

f1madman

Jan 3, 2013
Visit site
...But this game is rather boring.

The concept of playing in masses to claim territory sounds cool, but the way to go about it is mind numbingly boring and tedious... Especially when there are only 3 portals all bunched on the other side of town (heck its actually in a different town).

I'm not the kind of person that wants to "suggest" portals... waiting for a more accessible portal.

Is this it? Hack every day, get enough items bomb a portal?

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I agree. But Ingress is still very young. Heck, it's not even out of beta. Give it some time. New gameplay features will come. Hopefully, Niantic will play their cards right.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Still beta.

And I would suggest going out and suggesting portals.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
I submitted 40 pictures for portals yesterday....no work and -20C with the windchill :). ETA is 4-6 weeks for them to show up on the map. If you want to expand the game into a bigger area, I suggest you start taking some pictures. :) Just keep in mind the criteria for what they consider acceptable for portals, and you won't be wasting your time. New Portal Submissions - Ingress Help

natehoy

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not the kind of person that wants to "suggest" portals... waiting for a more accessible portal.

If you're the only player in your area for now, the only way new portals are going to be created is if you submit them. If a bunch of new portals come online, maybe someone will join the opposite faction from yours then it's GAME ON.

It's a potentially fun game, but with only three distant portals and one local player, it'd be boring as hell.

starleaf1

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
I think it would be awesome if ADA one day contacts us and gives us a non-training mission. A 'story mission' if you can call it so.

Cris Whetstone

Mar 6, 2013
Visit site
Yes! After skipping out of tutorial/training because it did not provide me with enough portals to actually complete the linking and whatever it is you do with 3 of them I decided to play trial by fire. So I just go around hacking portals? Is that really ALL there is to this game? Collecting junk to I can hack more portals? The real world interaction using GPS is certainly a fantastic idea but you gotta have some sort of interesting game to play behind it. The worst part is that all of the 'how to play' or 'game guides' online seem to be either commercials for the game or web sites designed by schizophrenics.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463