Playing alone sucks

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
There has to be a way to empower those of us that do not have the capability to hook up with others. I believe for the game to be successful once released, there has to be a better way to involve those that choose to play alone. I work full time, and hack portals on my lunch break and now, 5 days later, I will probably get to lvl 2 tomorrow but what can I do against large fields of L6 and L7 resonated portals. It is hard to get enthused about continued play with not much else to do...

Last edited:

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
Ingress is certainly more fun when playing together with others, but there is also fun to be had as a lone ranger. I think its fun to drive into an area with portals everywhere and hack away like mad to store up a ton of items for later use. Keep stocking up and knocking out low-level portals until you get some invite codes to share with your mates or others in your area start playing! Is there an Ingress Community on Google+ for your area? Where are you located? It seems most local meetups and raids go on after dark anyways which would fit into your work schedule at least.

Devtodi

Feb 13, 2010
Visit site
I am in Northern CA, north of San Francisco and am seemingly the sole representative of my faction in my town. I had taken a portal for my team but while I am struggling to build up to L2, it just got taken over by someone who installed L6 and L7 resonators. What's the fun of that, it will be months before I can take it back and it will be part of a huge field by then.

dasDestruktion

Jul 11, 2012
Visit site
I am in Northern CA, north of San Francisco and am seemingly the sole representative of my faction in my town. I had taken a portal for my team but while I am struggling to build up to L2, it just got taken over by someone who installed L6 and L7 resonators. What's the fun of that, it will be months before I can take it back and it will be part of a huge field by then.

I found G+ Groups for Northern California Ingress players:

1] Enlightened [HERE]
2] Resistance [HERE]

Maybe you could find some people who are willing to take a trip into your specific location and assist a bit. They can help you level up more quickly as well. Players are out there but it can be hard to get in touch with them and meetup. Keep at it!

;)

sledge007

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
Also try checking around on your Ingress Intel Map The level of zoom has a direct impact on what you see for chatter, so if you zoom farther out, you can try and triangulate where people are active. On your phone you can change your COMMS to REGIONAL and might be able to get in touch with some of your faction members that way as well. In the meantime....keep farming and build your inventory. Try and look for portals that are one or two levels above you, and go for those. Even if you can't take out a portal completely, taking out resonators adds to your AP.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty