Best custom ROM for Ingress? Best settings?

danfinger

Feb 1, 2012
Visit site
Hi~
Anyone running a custom ROM which has improved their ingress experience? I ask because I'm starting to get super frustrated with low FPS, GPS wandering (shows my position either 50-75 meters off, or shows me flying around like I'm attached to a pigeon) or frozen GPS.

I'd like to know if there are any ROMS out there which improve/decrease battery usage, boost GPS or increase FPS? If not a ROM, any configs or settings that will help? Last night I was in a good open area with no cloud cover trying to get close to a portal. I would walk while watching the GPS frozen then all of a sudden I'm out of range, walk back into range just to have my resonators placed right on top of the portal. ARRGH! Makes the game almost unplayable.

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
You have to research based on your device. Clean ROM seems to be best for the Note 2. Ask in your device threads for the best rom with the features you laid out and see what you get.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

Overgoats

Apr 4, 2013
Visit site
I've tried a few, and so far I really like LiquidSmooth. It's about as fast as anything else, and the GPS performance is only incrementally better - it gets about the same position as any other ROM, but it's less likely to report "inaccurate" positions unless you're underground. What I like about it is on-the-fly toggling of LTE. Some spots in the city are so overwhelmed with LTE traffic that only CDMA can connect, and when I was running Stock or The People's Rom, I had to reboot the phone to switch LTE off. Liquid has a toggle that you can put right in the notification drawer to turn it off when it's a bottleneck.

-c.