Question about playing alone

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
So new to ingress. I've had the game for awhile, but just got my android phone last week.

The area i live in i see absolutely no portals. The closest one i see is about 10 miles away, so this weekend i was planning on going to suggest some portals and get them submitted. Sucks it takes 4-6 weeks to get them active.

Here's my question. I saw that you can only deploy one (i know i'm a long way off) level 8 resonator at a time to a single portal. So does that mean if i'm the only one playing (at least right around where i live) i'll never be able to have a portal with 8 L8 resonators on it?

Luckily where i work and on the way, and downtown there are plenty of portals everywhere (both factions) and i can help out there quite a bit as i get to a higher level. I just figured if i had my own portal area where i live then it could be my own little portal farm for hacking and getting a few fields set up down the road.

Also if a portal already has 8 resonators on it can i not help out at all with that portal? or would i be able to replace a resonator with a higher level one?

Finally, i noticed that i can drive around and get XM but when i was in the tutorial i saw the floating specks. These don't seem to be loading when i'm actually playing, and if they do they are floating around me and "glitching" and shooting back and forth between a point and my location. Not sure if this a known issue with the game or something with me specifically because everything else in the game seems to be animating very smoothly.

Thanks for any help!

Bryan Lucas

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I only started playing this week, but I'll try to help.

My advice is to hack EVERY portal you pass, that will give you resonators, bursters, keys, etc.

There are ways to help "friendly" portals that have eight resonators, you can refresh them using your XM if it's resonators are depleated below 100%. This will help keep defend tham from takeover. If you find an enemy portal with just a few resonators of moderate to low level you can attack them with bursters and try to take them over. It's taken me a couple of days, but I have taken down two resonators on one near my office and one on an other. I'm also close to leveling up.

As far as I understand it, you can upgrade portals if you have the ability to place a higher level resonator, but I'm only level 1 so I haven't been able to do that.

I don't know about a limit on the number of resonators you can deploy. I've put up to six L1 on a portal, one after the other, in under a minute. I've also seen portals be built up with multiple L1-L5 resonators in a matter of minutes in my neighborhood. The only limit I'm aware of is the XM expended in deploying them.

AlphaVictor87

Jul 5, 2012
Visit site
Thanks for the input. I was walking around at lunch today. Submitted 3 new portal locations and hacked everything in sight. Turns out some enlightened in my area has been busy this morning.

Thats good to know i can refresh the resonators on other portals. I tried attacking a resonator and only did about 2% to the closest one which was just sad to see lol
But again i'm only about half way through level 1.

I saw somewhere that you can place up to 8 L1 resonators and each higher level it goes down how many you can place on a portal.

It was on the google help page. This is what it says.
________________________________________________________________________________________________
A single player can only DEPLOY a limited number of Resonators at each level on the same Portal at one time. To build a Portal to its maximum power level, you will now need to coordinate with other players.

Players can add as many L1 resonators to a Portal as they?d like (can fill all 8 slots).
Players can add up to FOUR L2 resonators on the same Portal at the same time.
Players can add up to FOUR L3 resonators on the same Portal at the same time.
Players can add up to FOUR L4 resonators on the same Portal at the same time.
Players can add up to TWO L5 resonators on the same Portal at the same time.
Players can add up to TWO L6 resonators on the same Portal at the same time.
Players can add only ONE L7 resonator on the same Portal at the same time.
Players can add only ONE L8 resonator on the same Portal at the same time.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Also i wasn't sure if anyone found this on the google help pages somewhere, but here are the levels and the AP needed.

1 - 0
2 - 10,000
3 - 30,000
4 - 70,000
5 - 150,000
6 - 300,000
7 - 600,000
8 - 1,200,000

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads